Specific Families and Genera > Cacti and Succulents

delosperma & aizoaceae

(1/97) > >>

Jean-Patrick AGIER:
Hi,
I've found not many contributions about these wonderful plants. I don't know where to put this topic for these daisy-like flowers aren't all suited ( or used ) for a rock garden. Many are annuals ( or considered as ) some are hardy only in the mediterrannean zone, and few are proving perfectly hardy in Europe (as the well known Delosperma Cooperi ). I'm sure everybody grows at least one species. I would be particularly interested in tips on how and when it is best to collect seeds ( for the exchanges... ). I've tried many times to open the little capsules and really got nothing useful...
Hope there will be a lot of contributions from you all

Maggi Young:
We don't hear a lot about these interesting plants, you are right.... but the latest WisleyLog mentions them, as a coincidence!
 See here: http://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/logdir/2009Jul021246568306Log_14_of_2009.pdf

Jean-Patrick AGIER:
Many thanks Maggi for this intersting link. I'll try to find other contributions somewhere in the RHS, AGS & SRGC websites.
Here are other pics of the plants I grew. I've sown seeds got from the seed exchanges ( delosperma sutherlandii, harazianum, "john profitt" ) and others got from seed companies ( delosperma lavisiae, cephalophyllum mxd, lampranthus mxd ). Hope to have flowers next year...

Lori S.:
Terrific plants, Jean-Patrick!  In what part of the world do you reside?  It would be interesting to know, in order to better judge the hardiness of some of these species.

Lesley Cox:
Jean-Patrick comes from Lyons in France. Click the name of the poster at the top left of the post, for profile information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version