General Subjects > Travel / Places to Visit

short trip to Taygetos and Mani

(1/3) > >>

Yann:
Taking advantage of a stay in Athens for my work, I took a few days off at the end of October to walk in the Taygetos massif and a little further south in the Peloponnese.

Here's a small selection of some photo

Galanthus reginae-olgae

Cyclamen hederifolium en masse all around the mountains

Petrorhagia glumacea, Colchicum bivonae and psaridis

Sternbergia sicula, Crocus melantherus, Delphinium peregrinum

Maggi Young:
Just the thing to 'recharge your batteries', Yann !

Yann:
Indeed  ;)

Colchicum psaridis is found all around Aeropoli as well as Crocus niveus. This year the early rains triggered a lot of plants.

Allium callimischon

I spent a whole day hiking along the Cap Tigana, the dryest part of the Mani and also one of the most beautiful (in my eyes).
Narcissus obsoletus is covering hectares of rocky lands and Prospero autumnale subsp latifolia is also common along the spike of the Cap. I shipped plants to a cytology laboratory in order to identify the genetic map, it may belongs to obtusifolium or may be a new species. Answer in few months.

Zero tourist at this period of the year, except few english ones from...Greentour or Greenwings met in the fields.
Crocus boryi

Yann:
The last photo in this collage is Allium chamaespathum, not so common.

Back to Korinthos where the Merendera attica were in full blossom as well as Crocus mazziaricus, hadriaticus and cartwrightianus

Voila an express 3,5 days trip :)

Yann:
some extra photos

Mantis are very common in south of my country and all around Mediterranea, Crocus niveus near Sparti.

Landscapes are also great, i took my time to fix the sunset with ND filters.

Colchicum parlatoris has a huge variability of forms and colors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version