Bulbs > NARCISSUS

Narcissus 2024

<< < (2/4) > >>

ashley:
'Polar Hunter', flowering now in the garden, is strongly scented.

Yann:
very nice color!

Narcissus assoanus, another common species from south of France and Spain.

Narcissus x suzannae

Robert:
Hi Yann,

Thank you for sharing your photograph of Narcissus assoanus. Below is a photograph of Narcissus assoanus currently blooming in our Sacramento garden. Our plants look very similar to yours. Many years ago many of the Narcissus “species” I received and grew from seed turned out to be unintended hybrids. I have to admit to a great deal of confusion regarding this species. In my research I have found a great deal of conflicting information. One authority lists 2 subspecies of Narcissus assoanus, ssp. assoanus and ssp. praelongus. 4 varieties of subspecies assaonus are listed. None of the descriptions match the plants blooming in our garden.

In addition, I have always considered Narcissus x suzannae as a cross of N. triandrus x cantabricus. I am finding a great deal of conflicting information in this regard too. By any chance do you know where I can find up-to-date taxonomic information regarding the genus Narcissus in the English language?

Yann:
Robert a good source, a bit outdated, is the book of Mike Salmon. I'll search this weekend among my pdf documents if i've something in english (most are in spanish and french, which won't help you)

https://webs.um.es/falcaraz/miwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=narcisos_32.pdf

Robert:
Hi Yann,

Thank you for the information and the link. I will see what I can do through our library system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version