We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: New Galanthus National Collection  (Read 7501 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: New Galanthus National Collection
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2012, 06:16:14 PM »
Thanks Paddy.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

RichardW

• Benington Lordship Gardens
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
Our first Open Day will be on Saturday 25 February, 11 am - 3.30 pm.  SRGC members are welcome to PM me if they would like to visit another date - one or two have already done so. There are snowdrops in flower now.

We are at 127 Stoke Road, Linslade, Leighton Buzzard, Beds LU7 2SR. Googling "map: 127 stoke road, linslade, leighton buzzard, beds lu7 2sr" will provide a decent location map.

We won't be providing refreshments (try walking before we run!) but will give suggestions if asked. Again since this is a first time I won't be attempting any plant sales.

that date is my one weekend group booking  :-[ which I don't normally do, I knew I should have said no, so I'll definitely be in touch later in the month.

steve owen

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2012, 07:45:48 PM »
Paddy
Thanks for the words of caution which I take seriously. I'm bound to publish the address for the NCCPG in any case. We do have a decent CCTV system, and the NCCPG encourage us to develop a system of duplicate planting sites. Its all a learning curve. Most visitors will I'm sure simply be snowdrop lovers.
Steve
NCPPG National Collection Holder for Galanthus
Beds/Bucks border

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
Steve,

it's a case of welcoming everybody with open arms while keeping your doors and windows locked - and curtains drawn. There's no point in being foolish. We did open the garden to the public at one time as part of a local garden trail and so have experienced the public around the garden, but now will only open for our local garden clubs; that's enough for us; we know most people coming and it is a different atmosphere, more a get-together than anything else.

Hope you enjoy it all, have every success and go from strength to strength.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal