We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus May 2022  (Read 1526 times)

Villu

Galanthus May 2022
« on: May 05, 2022, 07:42:12 AM »
It is the first week of May and the last snowdrop in bloom is wonderful 'E.A. Bowles'. It is amazing how blooms keep on developing throughout the season, becoming like little white balloons. Absolutely substantial in a garden setting.  Probably the best snowdrop in my opinion. :)

704524-0
Galanthus plicatus 'E.A. Bowles'

704526-1

704528-2

704530-3

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
Re: Galanthus May 2022
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 10:37:04 AM »
Villu, your plant is absolutely amazing! Mine is not so good, but also I think it is one of the most beautiful of my snowdrops!
I wouldn't want to be without it. :)
Here is my 'Bertram Anderson, also a favourite.
Second picture is 'Big Boy', typical this year that many snowdrops don't have flower stem and are suffering. Maybe rooting last autumn stopped too early because of cold, though this BB was an old established plant.
Leena from south of Finland

Villu

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 01:57:28 PM »
Leena, 'Bertram Anderson' is one fine snowdrop and I like it a lot. One of the best from single snowdrops I think! And yours just proves its loveliness! 'Big Boy' looks rather miserable but I hope it will come out of this setback. The weather is promised to get finally a little warmer by the weekend. Enjoy! ;)

Mariette

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 07:01:55 PM »
In my garden, the leaves of the snowdrops are withering - itīs so good to see some still flowering perfectly well! Villu and Leena, I hope You both enjoy Your season, despite itīs being so late!

Leena

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 07:45:27 PM »
Snowdrops are still flowering here, and in fact the latest one in my garden ('Fieldgate Tiffany') hasn't even come up yet.
'Cicely Hall' came up just few days ago.
Here is 'Garden Peace'. It has flowered well even in this bad year. :)
The second picture is 'Glenchantress', with flower stems a little shorter than usually.
In the last picture there is 'Primrose Warburg' and in the left 'Spindlestone Surprise'. They are very similar, except PW comes up a little earlier than SS, even here. I have SS in three spots and in all of them it comes up later than PW.
Pictures were from today.

Stefan B.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 08:36:28 PM »
Wonderful collection of snowdrops, Leena!

Leena

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 07:10:30 PM »
Thank you Stefan! :)
This year has not been good for my snowdrops, and they are almost over, but here are still couple of photos.
'Primrose Warburg' was still looking this good four days ago.
Second and third picture were taken today! In no other year have I had flowering snowdrops this late in May.

Leena

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 10:34:02 AM »
I noticed that I hadn't posted in spring a picture of a poculiform snowdrop I got from a very kind forumist from Austria.  :) It is his findling, and does well here.
I like poculiforms, and this nivalis survived well last winter when just close to it I lost couple of snowdrops (bulbs were just rotted when spring came).
First picture was from end of April and the second picture from second week of May. Snowdrops were really late last year, normally this would flower in April here.

Mariette

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2022, 11:58:34 AM »
This poc looks very nice and perfect, Leena! Especially the elongated receptacle makes it very attractive.

Herman Mylemans

• Gentians
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2022, 05:12:22 PM »
I noticed that I hadn't posted in spring a picture of a poculiform snowdrop I got from a very kind forumist from Austria.  :) It is his findling, and does well here.
I like poculiforms, and this nivalis survived well last winter when just close to it I lost couple of snowdrops (bulbs were just rotted when spring came).
First picture was from end of April and the second picture from second week of May. Snowdrops were really late last year, normally this would flower in April here.
Leena, that is a very beautiful snowdrop!
Belgium

Leena

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2022, 11:59:17 AM »
Thanks Mariette and Herman. I like it very much, too. :)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal