We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Book "Some Snowdrops" - how to order  (Read 1532 times)

Anne Repnow

Book "Some Snowdrops" - how to order
« on: November 05, 2020, 01:03:41 PM »
Dear fellow-galanhophiles,
Many of you will have become aware of my new snowdrop book "Some Snowdrops - A Photographic Ramble" (the book is in English).
The "landing page" www.some-snowdrops.de gives you more information (press the Union Jack button for the English version)

But I don't want to advertise the book here. Afer a long phone conference with my (tiny) publisher, delving deep into the German postal system and a sleepless night I'm just a little depressed and feel I ought to let you know how you can order the book from the UK (if you haven't done so already, then you can ignore this) before Brexit.

The book will be available:
-> through www.amazon.de - the German amazon page starting the middle of November. The bureaucratic and custom obstacles to making it available via amazon.co.uk are unsurmountable
-> You can send me a PM and the book will be sent to you by the publisher. The price is 24.90 GBP plus 6 GBP postage, the bill will be included in the letter and can be paid by bank transfer or PayPal.
-> A few copies will be available through Avon Bulbs (when they have recieved their parcel)
-> A few copies will be available through Ashwood Nurseries Gift Shop (when they have received their parcel)[/li][/list]

The cause for my depression is that the postal service is extremely slow due to Corona (a lot of flights that carried mail as well as people have been cancelled) and that my publisher and I see no way of distributing the book in the UK after Brexit - unless there is a last minute trade agreement. Even amazon.de will cease trading, they say. We are working on solutions feverishly...

Take care and enjoy the snowdrop season - what a comfort they are in times of Covid19 and lock downs...

676900-0

Anne Repnow gardening near Heidelberg in Germany
carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Book "Some Snowdrops" - how to order
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 04:13:33 PM »
I have  received  Anne's  book and  I do think it  is  worthwhile  ordering  through the  route  she  suggests- it  is  a charming  compilation of  photos by  Anne and  others  of  90 of  her "favourite " snowdrops. Go for  it to cheer   cold  damp days  with the  images!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Anne Repnow

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 05:36:56 PM »
In the UK the book is now stocked by (apart from amazon.co.uk):
- Avon Bubls
- Miles Apart (Lyn Miles' shops)
- Ashwood Nursery
Anne Repnow gardening near Heidelberg in Germany
carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Ding Dong

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 09:16:22 AM »
A lovely book indeed Anne - here is a link to it on our website https://www.avonbulbs.co.uk/books/some-snowdrops-a-photographic-ramble-by-anne-c-repnow
Owner of the world's angriest geese - with scars to prove it! Works for Avon Bulbs

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal