We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: There's a new seller on ebay  (Read 28181 times)

Tristan_He

Re: There's new seller on ebay
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2016, 06:40:55 PM »
Thanks Alan and Susan!

SusanH

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 07:13:46 PM »
I got a "buy it now" of 15 Hippolyta from firecrystal02 for £20 - was delighted to open box and find 18 very large and healthy bulbs.  All potted up in the greenhouse waiting for the gales and rain to subside!!!!
Worth a buy if you are looking for an instant display - would thoroughly recommend.

colineddie1

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 10:05:15 PM »
Firecrystal is a good seller - bought from her some from the composer series a couple of years ago.

The proud owner of 4 cats that love to shovel bulbs around the garden for fun!!

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
There's a new seller on ebay
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2016, 06:18:37 PM »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: There's a new seller on ebay
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2016, 06:57:49 PM »
Another new seller on Ebay - this  one  is the real deal!

How do we know that Maggi?
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2016, 07:04:16 PM »
How do we know that Maggi?
Because I know who he is !  Famous forumist galanthophile and  raiser of quality 'drops  - it's Hagen 
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2016, 07:07:32 PM »
Ah, now I see, thanks.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

freddyvl

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2016, 01:19:51 PM »
Another two beauties on Ebay from the reputable forumnist and breeder Hagen Engelmann (planthill54). Both are nivalis and flower rather at the end of the snowdropseason.
Many will probably say ‘at last’ ! They are offered for the first time and many will be pleased that it happens finally. ‘The way is open now’ what means that they will be more obtainable in the future for several of us. Let’s hope !

‘Wellenspiel ‘ (‘Play of the Waves’) has distinct wavy edges as most important characteristic, a ‘3D snowdrop’ !

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Galanthus-nivalis-WELLENSPIEL-/191795846779?hash=item2ca7ec5e7b:g:1WkAAOSw5dNWrk6j

‘Till Sonnenschein’ (‘Till Sunshine’), a Angelina-type,  has a special and typical ‘fluo’-yellow green mark on the outers which is difficult  to capture in a picture, a truly ‘glowing’ snowdrop in the flesh. Yellowish green  marks on the outers (full sunshine) are an effective contrast to the deep green marks at the base of the inners and the blue green leaves, a ‘3green colored snowdrop’ !

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Galanthus-nivalis-TILL-SONNENSCHEIN-/191795845289?hash=item2ca7ec58a9:g:xu8AAOSwpzdWrk34

Pictures: Hagen Engelmann
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:30:24 PM by freddyvl »

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2016, 02:04:48 PM »
I met and shook hands with eBay seller 'wheelieneily' on Saturday.  He was a gentleman called Neil who explained that he sells off his surplus stock to fund further snowdrop purchases and builds-up this stock by natural division rather than chipping or twin-scaling.
Almost in Scotland.

johnstephen29

• Hello from East Lincolnshire
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2016, 05:55:23 PM »
He told me he was going to a few of the shows so he could introduce himself, he seems a genuine sort of bloke, I certainly have no qualms about buying from him again.
John, Toynton St Peter Lincolnshire

Martina Kopsieker

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2016, 06:08:47 PM »
I met and shook hands with eBay seller 'wheelieneily' on Saturday.  He was a gentleman called Neil who explained that he sells off his surplus stock to fund further snowdrop purchases and builds-up this stock by natural division rather than chipping or twin-scaling.
Neil is a very reliable seller on Ebay.
He sells bulbs with high quality. I bought some from him last year and was very pleased.
Also firecrystal02 is a very good seller. I bought bulbs from her for some years now and I was never disappointed.

art600

• Travels light, travels far
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2016, 02:22:06 PM »
Absolutely delighted with my purchases from 'firecrystal02' on EBay.

Some were in the green and some in pots.  The potted ones were ingeniously packed and arrived in excellent condition.

Hope she has further plants.
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

SusanH

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2016, 03:57:22 PM »
I have bought several Galanthus from firecrystal02 in the past and he/she has always supplied excellent goods.
Would thoroughly recommend.

freddyvl

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2016, 07:45:49 PM »
Galanthus nivalis ‘Schmalhans im Grünen’ on Ebay

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Galanthus-nivalis-SCHMALHANS-IM-GRUNEN/191799286203?_trksid=p2045573.c100034.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140107091039%26meid%3Dd654b72ae7504124a446cad9061cbc47%26pid%3D100034%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D191794680904

‘Schmalhans im Grünen’ refers to a German turn of phrase ‘Bei ihm ist Schmalhans Küchenmeister‘, freely translated into English ‘By him is thin Hans head chef’. It means: he is short of cash, there should even be saved on the food; referring to a thin cook who hasn’t enough food  for himself (a cook should be well fed, thus being fat).
The flowerbuds of the snowdrops look a little bit ‘thin/slender’ while the open flowers look more ‘fat/thick’. The general view is that of a green snowdrop whereby  both the skirt, as well as the outer petals have additional green markings. All in all this nivalis is a good doer which increases well.
(Pictures: Hagen Engelmann)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:29:32 PM by freddyvl »

chasw

• Another passion
    • mini40register
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2016, 08:05:40 PM »
But do I read it correctly,no shipping to the U.K. ??
Chas Whight in Northamptonshire

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal