We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: More eBay Concerns  (Read 12032 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: More eBay Concerns
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
It would , I think, be possible to search through the forum to find details of  both good and bad ebay sellers- but I'm afraid I do not have time for such a task.  If a forumist wishes to do so then that is fine.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Jane

• Cornovium Snowdrops
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2014, 04:25:56 PM »
After reading this thread from the customers point of view, I thought I would share ours as sellers.  We started our Snowdrop mail order business this year Cornovium Snowdrops, and made a decision to openly use eBay.  The main reasons for this were we didn't want to spend any money on advertising, we don't have a reputation as of yet, we cannot travel to the plant fairs as we live in the North and have a young daughter and the amount of people that use the site.  We were also interested to hear customers feedback to see it we could fine tune anything for following seasons.  We also have a website and have found it interesting that we had almost equal amount of sales from both.  There are a large proportion of people that will not go near eBay, which I can understand getting stung one year with Galanthus 'Yvonne Hay', that turned out to be plain old nivalis. 

We have also heavily used social media, having both Twitter and Facebook accounts.  We post daily images of our garden on Facebook so that you can be assured that we say we have, we have.  I have been lucky to meet some really wonderful people this year and have also done some swapping, which we have had a lot of pleasure out of.  Although we are running a business we are passionate about plants in general and enjoy working on making a beautiful garden for ourselves, meeting new friends all whilst making a living  :D

I have mentioned on Facebook that I was give the option by eBay to have my images stored in their library so that anybody could use them which I declined.

I will also say that the SRGC forum is a very powerful site, and when Mark very kindly gave us a good review, it was mentioned by a number of customers.  So thank you Mark it was greatly appreciated.  Starting any micro-business in horticulture is tough and to have had the start we have had, we can't thank enough all those that have supported and encouraged us this year!

Kind regards

Jane
Cornovium Snowdrops near Chester, Cheshire.  I love plants, especially Snowdrops, Trillium, Erythroniums and Primula.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2014, 04:34:37 PM »
I have heard good reviews of your plants , too, Jane - it is  good to hear the sellers view and , of course  we are happy to share the good news about sellers here, any time!

I must add your website to the links pages now  while I think about it. ........ have done so now!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 04:43:34 PM by Maggi Young »

Jane

• Cornovium Snowdrops
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2014, 04:48:24 PM »
That is very kind of you Maggi, I shall add the SGRC to our site in return :)
Cornovium Snowdrops near Chester, Cheshire.  I love plants, especially Snowdrops, Trillium, Erythroniums and Primula.

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2014, 05:36:10 PM »
And if you can spare the time to post on the Galanthus section of the forum a bit more frequently I'm sure we would love to hear from you.  The SRGC Forum is a form of social media and, I suspect, read by quite a few who do not want to get involved with the likes of Twitter or Facebook.
Almost in Scotland.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2014, 06:04:14 PM »
Quite so, Alan - I think the social aspect of the forum is as important as it being a  plant information resource with a wealth of plant knowledge being shared in great detail.  A glance at the viewing numbers and activity on the main Galanthus section illustrates that quite well, I think!
http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?board=25.0

Jane

• Cornovium Snowdrops
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
Hi Alan

I'm going to try and be more proactive on the SGRC, I agree not everyone is on Twitter and Facebook and this is a very valuable source of information with regards to plants. 

Kind regards

Jane

emma T

• Famous original snowdrop hat lady
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2014, 09:24:34 PM »
Lol I'm on twitter , fb and the forum ......I have no life ha ha ha
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

Jane

• Cornovium Snowdrops
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »
I'm also trying to study for an OU degree at the same time!  What did I do with my time before my daughter was born, I just don't know!  The weeks just blend into one, I suppose at this rate it will soon be Snowdrop season again :D

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 03:38:37 PM »
You go for it, Jane ! Gardening Mums can do ANYTHING, I've found that among my friends - strong , capable women, all of 'em!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal