We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: More eBay Concerns  (Read 12072 times)

emma T

• Famous original snowdrop hat lady
More eBay Concerns
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 03:02:29 PM »
The eBay seller is claiming that Rod gave out more bulbs to someone he is no longer acquainted with and that is where the stock comes from
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:15:42 PM by emma T »
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

emma T

Re: More eBay Concerns
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »
He also says you will receive a bulb with a flower on .
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »
A mixture of the vaguely plausible and the impossible.  Again oddly reminiscent of the seller who sold Anne Wright (and others) a fake 'Ailwyn' a few years ago.  he said he had originally bought his 'Ailwyn' at a nursery somewhere in the vicinity of Anglesey Abbey but could not remember exactly where.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:13:32 PM by Alan_b »
Almost in Scotland.

emma T

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 03:19:19 PM »
I've asked him to take a picture of the bulbs he has in flower rather than the photo he's nicked from someone else's website .

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 04:06:26 PM »
Given the choice between believing a respected SRGC Member and an ebay seller who steals photos, I know who I put my faith in - Rod Begbie.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

snowdropcollector

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 04:24:02 PM »
Totally forgot about this matter on Ebay. I already heared on the 9 th of March that this seller is bad news  >:(.
I was informed from out of the UK that this seller sells snowdrops on Ebay, but that I must not even consider to make any bids !!
So I personally have no experience with this seller.

But as Maggi said already, it is not difficult who to believe........
Richard, Netherlands....building up my collection again

emma T

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 04:56:05 PM »

I can take a picture yes. My photos are not brilliant so I used the suppliers image. I've allready spine to the original owner and have agreed to not re use the image.
Regards.      That is the reply I got when I asked for a picture of it in his own garden . Please nobody waste your money on buying from this seller , it all seems highly suspect !

emma T

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 04:58:35 PM »
I've asked for a picture

emma T

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 05:10:54 PM »
Apparently if I want to see the picture I have to bid on the snowdrop

emma T

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »
So I put in a bid , let's see if I get a photo

emma T

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 05:18:27 PM »
Oh ..... So now I have to be the winning bidder to get a photo !

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 05:21:16 PM »
I'd be wary, Emma.  If it is the same guy as before he can become quite threatening when forced onto the defensive.
Almost in Scotland.

emma T

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
Waves to the person selling the snowdrop on eBay if he's looking . Just stop , we are on to you , it's not fair to rip people off .

emma T

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 05:23:38 PM »
What harm would it be to show people the photo if your genuinely have the snowdrop .

emma T

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 05:28:19 PM »
Mmmm to get the photo I have to send my email address ....I'm not an idiot

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal