We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Shaftesbury's Inaugural Snowdrop Study, Sale & Social Day 15th February 2014  (Read 18972 times)

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
... do you think there will be any snowdrops to see on Feb 15th.... 

We worry about this most every year.  Either it's too warm and the snowdrops will be early or it's too cold and the snowdrops will be late.  Usually things even out and unless everything is under snow there is always something to see.
Almost in Scotland.

art600

• Travels light, travels far
Alan

This year may be the exception - Russians are forecasting no winter in January and possibly not in February.
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

emma T

• Famous original snowdrop hat lady
Job interview went really well ! I might hear by the end of today ! Fingers crossed . The lady owner seemed lovely .
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Emma, I'm beside myself with excitement . I believe they'd be daft to miss out on you.
A Gardener with Gumption - who could ask for more?

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Olive Mason

I have lurked on the forum for some time and in response to Emma's initiative to organize an alternative Gala I have decided to 'come out' and as I already know many forumists, to join in.  As there will be no Gala, I hope to go to Shaftsbury for the Snowdrop Event and would like to attend any extra lectures that can be arranged.

If anyone is considering travelling from the north to this event on Friday 14th February through Worcestershire and would like to visit my garden (Dial Park)I can offer a cup of tea and hopefully some snowdrops.
Not only snowdrops

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
hi Olive! Good to 'see' you on here
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Gail

• So don't forget my friend to smell the flowers
Job interview went really well ! I might hear by the end of today ! Fingers crossed . The lady owner seemed lovely .
Don't keep us waiting Emma - it's hard to get things done with fingers permanently crossed! Do hope it's good news.
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
Likewise, welcome to the forum, Olive.  I had the opportunity to visit your garden a few years ago and anyone with half a chance really should visit.  If I take the scenic route south ( i.e. beginning west and north a bit) I should be able to drop in again on 14th February.

I hope Emma's interview bears fruit - but if not then it was not meant to be.  Any decent prospective employer should be impressed by her enterprise in taking on this task of organizing a Gala alternative. 
Almost in Scotland.

RichardW

• Benington Lordship Gardens
We don't open until the 8th but I can knock up a simple poster and stick it on the entrance kiosk if it would help? first week is RHS members free so it's usually quite busy.

I'm not working weekends this year other than CGS of course so I will be coming weather permitting, good luck with the job!

emma T

Thank you all for your kind words about both my interview and gala alternative

I haven't heard yet if I've been lucky or not ! I will let people do when I know one way or another.

I'm just cuffed to have got as far into the interviewing process as I have , what will be will be.

We are thinking of calling our day the Shaftesbury snowdrop collectors day ! I'm so glad people want to come !

If nothing comes of the job that's fine, I've got a snowdrop event to organise !
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

emma T

Hello, we are so delighted at the warm support this is receiving - Details as soon as we have everything finalised at this end. Anyone who might want  to sell snowdrops  please contact Pam at pam@shaftesburysnowdrops.org or myself at emmathick@gmail.com

^ the above is a message from Pam Cruickshank on Facebook , so I thought I'd just put it here incase anyone wants to sell some snowdrops .

Any lurkers please feel free to contact Pam on her email if you want to get involved or if you can think of anyone who might feel able to provide some snowdrops for sale .

Pam and I thank you for your suport
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:23:01 PM by emma T »

Ding Dong

Hello Olive - welcome to the Forum :)
Owner of the world's angriest geese - with scars to prove it! Works for Avon Bulbs

emma T

We have our venue sorted , just confirming our speakers .....don't want to say much more until we have everything sorted, which we hope will be early next week . Then all we need is for lovely people to want to buy a ticket !  :-*

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
You and Pam are doing an excellent job, Emma. 
I do hope that all forumists and readers of these pages who might be in the area will make every to support this event.

http://www.snowdrops.moonfruit.com/#/festival/4569039217
https://www.facebook.com/ShaftesburySnowdrops

STOP PRESS : Collector's Day  and  Snowdrop Study Day 15th February 2014:
                              Details TBC!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:32:51 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

emma T

:-* thanks Maggi

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal