We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: galanthus  (Read 4013 times)

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
galanthus
« on: December 06, 2007, 06:07:24 AM »
For all galanthophiles
When I see your love for these bulbs and the beauty of these snowdrops, I want to begin a collection too and I ask : Who want exchange with me some of them (species or cultivars)with bulbs of other genus. Give me your "snowdrop fever" as I can give you "wild tulips, daffodils or colchicum (species and cultivars) fever" perhaps !!! Thank's all
do

Pontoux France

snowdropman

Re: galanthus
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 09:31:41 PM »
Hi Dominique - I have sent you a personal message.

Chris Sanham
Chris Sanham
West Sussex, UK

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:02:43 PM »
Dominique,

I will certainly be able to help you with the more common/plentiful snowdrops later in the year.

In return I would like you to send on a nice hot pot of cassoulet - it is my best memory of Paris from last spring. A local restaurant cooked it to perfection and I came home quite a bit fatter ... but very happy.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

zephirine

• zeph's garden blog
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 04:31:25 AM »
Paddy,
The place where Dominique lives is certainly not the best place for Cassoulet, even though you can find some everywhere in France!
But Toulouse is! And that's where my father lives....
I'll spend New Year with him, so if you'd like to have some real stuff, I'd be happy to send you a nice cassoulet early next year, just as a fond memory of three wonderful summers in Co Dublin, "some" years ago...
So if you are tempted, just leave me your address, and you can concentrate on Dominique's bulb offer!
Zephirine
Between Lyon and Grenoble/France -1500 ft above sea level - USDA zone 7B

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »
Zepherine,

You are so kind but really I wouldn't put you to the trouble. I'm sure the cassoulet tasted so good because of the circumstances in which it was eaten. I really feel I will have to go back to Paris again,  just for the cassoulet.

However, I would dearly welcome the recipe if that is possible...and a wine recommendation, of course.

Many thanks, Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

KentGardener

• SRGC OOAgent
  • Every day's a school day
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 07:33:05 AM »
The best cassoulet I have ever had was in Carcassonne - so pretty close to Toulouse  :)

(I am hungry now!)

John
John

John passed away in 2017 - his posts remain here in tribute to his friendship and contribution to the forum.

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 07:42:55 PM »
Thank you Paddy and Zephirine
In fact Burgundy is not the best for Cassoulet !!! We are better for mustard, wine or burgundish beaf !!! But we can buy Cassoulet here too but not such good as at zephirine' s father home !!! Thanks all those have reply me.
do

Pontoux France

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal