Specific Families and Genera > Rhododendron and other Ericaceae

Glenarn gardens

(1/2) > >>

TC:
Rather than get the Rhododendron section filled up with pictures taken here and there, I thought it would be better to show separate gardens systematically. This will give our columnists an idea of what these gardens are like during the season.  Cindy and I visited Glenarn yesterday on a sunny windless and warm day.  We were the only people in the garden from 1145 to 1345.
Photography in a mature garden such as this presents challenges.  The sheer size of the Rhododendrons makes it difficult to show the flowers to their best.  Some of these Rhodies are as big as trees - up to 15 metres or 45 feet in old money.  This means that the flower trusses can look like coloured dots if you go far enough back to get the whole shrub in.  With these constraints in mind, I have shown the plants full size where possible and some close-ups of the flower trusses.  It is really just to get a flavour of what there is to see.  I hope to get back there in May when the season is at its most colourful. BENMORE, ARDUIANE AND LOGAN are also on the list.

TC:
More pictures.  As there were almost no labels visible on the Rhodies, I have not put names to anything other than a suggestion

TC:
STILL MORE

TC:
YET MORE

TC:
Last for now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version