We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: lanesidehardyorchids.co.uk  (Read 2320 times)

Sempervivum

• Ullis Homepage
lanesidehardyorchids.co.uk
« on: January 31, 2016, 09:13:07 PM »
Hallo,
has anyone ordered from lanesidehardyorchids.co.uk in the past? Last year I lost money as I ordered from an unreliable seller (was discussed in this forum) and this time I would like to be shure that he is reliable.
Best regards - Ulrich
Ulrich Bangert in northern germany
near Hannover, city of the Expo 2000
http://www.ulrichbangert.de/orchid/index2.php

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: lanesidehardyorchids.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:27:20 PM »
Hello Uli,

if you search the Forum you will find quite a lot about  Laneside Hardy Orchids.   Jeff Hutchings of  Laneside Hardy Orchids is an SRGC member and forumist, though he has not been logged into the forum for quite a while.
He has given good advice in the forum and has been spoken of as  providing good plants.
I note the nursery will have a stand  at the SRGC/AGS Kendal Show so he must still be active.  Other members will know more I expect.

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

John Aipassa

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 10:26:08 PM »
Jeff from Laneside Hardy Orchids is legit. I have ordered several times without any problem. He also sells on Ebay with the sellers name 'Jeffsorchids' or something.
John Aipassa, Aalten, The Netherlands
z7, sandy soil, maritime climate

"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." - Aristotle

SteveC2

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 10:33:24 PM »
The source of half my collection and a constant drain on the bank balance, but totally legit. ;D ;D

Martinr

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 10:35:09 PM »
He'll also be at the Loughborough Show on the 5th March. Definitely one of the good guys

Jeff Hutchings

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 10:52:36 AM »
Hello Ulrich,

Yes, I am legit but I appreciate your concern as your problem last year cost me money as well. Buyers who had lost their money did not seek to buy elsewhere. I have been in business for 18 years initially as an alpine nursery but since 2006 as hardy orchids only. I have exhibited at the London Orchid Show since 2007 and am currently Chairman of the British Orchid Growers Association. I had some 1400 people registered on my old web site. many to simply receive the monthly newsletter. Sadly, firewalls, etc defeated me as 3/4 of the members did not get newsletters. A change of server has meant a change in web shop. This one includes a facility to send out newsletters that will reach members (so the programme says). I have also set up a facebook page where I regularly put information about my orchids. Running a mail order business is not easy as people sometimes have expectations that cannot be met such as expecting delivery by mail when plants are in flower. Others must wonder who they are ordering from when I offer a refund for an order because it is obvious the buyer has no idea what they are buying (e.g I will grow it on the kitchen window sill???) the biggest problem is this time of year when the weather is bad. I will not send out plants if I think they will be delayed in transit so that they arrive in good condition. In the UK they are usually sent ready potted. To Europe I can only send barerooted. All my stock is from legit nurseries around Europe. I will not buy in stock that I think has been collected from the wild. If there is anything in the shop you are interested in please email any questions and I will respond.

Good orchid growing.
Jeff

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:09 AM »
Hello Jeff, nice to see you around here once more - and for  setting Uli's mind at rest, I'm sure.
m
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal