We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Plant Identification Questions and Answers / Re: Nice sax.
« Last post by JohnnyD on Today at 02:31:39 PM »
Thanks Maggi - always reliable. ;) JohnnyD
Flowers and Foliage Now / May 2024 in the Southern Hemisphere
« Last post by fermi de Sousa on Today at 01:55:50 PM »
This clump of Narcissus 'First Stanza' has so far escaped being eaten by the wallaby,
cheers
fermi
« Last post by Maggi Young on Today at 01:51:43 PM »
possibly Saxifraga paniculata ssp. cartilaginea 'Foster's Red' ?
« Last post by JohnnyD on Today at 01:48:06 PM »
Further research suggests S.paniculata. JohnnyD
Plant Identification Questions and Answers / Nice sax.
« Last post by JohnnyD on Today at 10:46:35 AM »
Can anyone please put a name to this super sax currently making nice flowering bun in a trough? JohnnyD
Cultivation Problems / Re: Androsace x marpensis
« Last post by Maggi Young on Today at 09:51:15 AM »
I believe Mike Ireland, who is on this forum,  grows or grew this plant and judging by the photo of it on his website, it flowered well, so perhaps he's the one to ask!
https://alpinegarden.wordpress.com/2016/11/14/androsace-x-marpensis-2/
Thanks arisaema and Maggi.

Yes @Maggi, we all agree with you on that.
That's why I opened my previous message addressing precisely that issue.
If you read carefully, you'll find cited an entire stackexchange thread dedicated to that.

Spolier alert:
among the commentors, one claims to have been corresponding personally with the Professor, stating clearly that Athelas "has no IRL counterpart."
here the link to the comment. https://scifi.stackexchange.com/a/273917/174590
There's no easy way to verify the source, but that seems quite reasonable actually, qualyfing the described plant more as a mix of positive features from different species.

That's why we are focusing on the real one, the one used in the movies.
Thanks

General Forum / Re: Apple iPad, Mac, IPhone Photo resizing.
« Last post by t00lie on May 07, 2024, 10:51:47 PM »
"I have started using https://Imgur.com - it's simple and free, and they have been online since 2009 so I don't think they are going anywhere soon... Once you've chosen and uploaded a picture (top left corner: New Post), hold your mouse over the picture to make three dots visible, click them, choose Get share links and copy the third option called BBCode.

Paste it in your post here on SRGC, and..."

Test ....
It works for me as well (windows 11 laptop), so thank you Ariseama.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Hepatica / Re: Hepatica 2024
« Last post by Herman Mylemans on May 07, 2024, 09:21:31 PM »
Leena , great Hepatica's and a lot of flower. Here it is to wait till next year. A lot of my Hepatica's in the garden didn't flower as usual maybe because of the very wet winter and spring.
Cultivation Problems / Androsace x marpensis
« Last post by Lawrence on May 07, 2024, 08:02:32 PM »
Has anyone experience of growing Androsace x marpensis in pots ? I have two which I have had for quite a few years, and still in the same pot I am ashamed to say. They are probably desperate to be potted on and wonder if anyone can recommend a suitable compost mix? There seems very little on the net re cultivation. They seem easy enough to grow but very reluctant to flower although I think Eric Jarrett grew a very floriferous plant which won a Farrer some years ago
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal