General Subjects > Blogs and Diaries

Lois: What's it like in California?

<< < (2/5) > >>

LoisRichter:
I find nature endlessly interesting and often inspiring.  Since I like to do art (mostly messing around with photos on my computer), I once tried putting together images of our region (including a train trip over to San Francisco) and came up with several ... things.  Here are three.

LoisRichter:
     Doing art is one of my pleasures, although I haven't done much recently because I've been busy with my Mom (96) who moved back to California after losing much of her sight to macular degeneration in 2009.  Mostly I did photography.  I have enjoyed participating in our local Yolo County Fair for the past 10 years; and in 2010 was honored to be the "Featured Artist" there -- my 15 minutes of fame!  (Picture 1 shows my display there/then. The background includes a tiny portion of the giant building housing the Fair's photo & art exhibits.)
     Sometimes I also paint or do other kinds of art.  Recently I went to a demonstration of "tissue paper collage" and thoroughly enjoyed it.  (Picture 2 is my first attempt.  I REALLY like this technique!  Maybe I'll do more.)
     And I go birding whenever we travel.  (Picture 3 is me in Hawaii at Kilauea Lighthouse.)

LoisRichter:
That's all for now.  I'll add more in a few days.  Thanks for visiting! 
PS:  I wonder what's it like where YOU live.  How about starting your own thread on the Member's Board?

Anthony Darby:
What a lovely garden. 8) Keep posting. This is fascinating.

Tim Ingram:
I must admit that I have become fascinated by the flowers of California and am slowly learning more about them - but perhaps I should be fascinated by Californian gardeners too! Intriguing images.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version