We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Log 29 2011  (Read 3004 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Log 29 2011
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 07:16:38 PM »

And I hit it as well.

Well done.

;D
David can i hire you,i must have every bodies cat in the surrounding 5 miles crapping on my garden,there's even one with no tail that just stares me out while he's there, hard as nails.Berberis has been the only thing that has stopped them in that spot but then they go and choose a different spot in the garden,soon my garden is going to have that much berberis on it i will have to hang a machete at the top of the drive for people to visit.

He got hs own back Dave, there was a poultice awaiting me this morning in a bed I had hoed over. I dug it up and dumped it in front of the owners front door ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

daveyp1970

• bulbs and corms you've got to love them.
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »

And I hit it as well.

Well done.

;D
David can i hire you,i must have every bodies cat in the surrounding 5 miles crapping on my garden,there's even one with no tail that just stares me out while he's there, hard as nails.Berberis has been the only thing that has stopped them in that spot but then they go and choose a different spot in the garden,soon my garden is going to have that much berberis on it i will have to hang a machete at the top of the drive for people to visit.

He got hs own back Dave, there was a poultice awaiting me this morning in a bed I had hoed over. I dug it up and dumped it in front of the owners front door ;D
I have just wet myself laughing ;D ;D ;D ;D
tuxford
Nottinghamshire

Gerdk

• grower of sweet violets
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 01:52:33 PM »
Looking at the pics of Hesperantha baurii - sent as Olsynium junceum I compared my plants with these photos and realized that my Sisyrinchium roseum shown by me at July 10th in 'Flowers and Foliage now' and received from the SRGC seed exchange are in fact also Hesperantha baurii.
Sorry for my mistake - the pink flowers seemed to be plausible for the Sisyrinchium.

Gerd
Gerd Knoche, Solingen
Germany

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »
Oh yes, in this post, Gerd.......http://www.srgc.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7532.msg207540#msg207540

Amazing how we find things out in these round about ways, isn't it?

I didn't think the pollen on ours looked very promising and indeed, as the flowers pass there seems little sign of any seed pods fattening.  :'(    Perhaps there will a an increase in the corms instead.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 10:19:38 PM »
guess what I saw in the garden on the rockery - an ant. No panic
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal