We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Alpine Garden Society Group success at Axe Vale Show in Devon  (Read 1335 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Congratulations to the Devon and Exeter Group of the AGS, who have done rather well at the fifteenth Axe Vale Festival ( an annual 2-day country show in Axminster, Devon  http://www.axevalefestival.org.uk/    )

The Devon-Exeter Group won a Gold Medal for their display of planted troughs combined with an explanation(with troughs in all stages of preparation) of how to make them and plant them....educational and entertaining indeed....... well done to all involved. 8)
To see some pictures of the exhibit plus another display that won a Large Gold  Medal for AGS Members  Chris and Lorraine Birchall.......
 please see the AGS website here:

http://www.alpinegardensociety.net/news/stoppress/Axe+Vale+success+for+Devon+Exeter+Group/254/

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Alpine Garden Society Group success at Axe Vale Show in Devon
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »
While on the subject of AGS happenings, I note that there are still some places available for the workshops to be held  at AGS Centre, Pershore on Sunday 4th July

on    DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY OF PLANTS with tutor Jim Almond
Now, I know that this type of workshop is very popular in Scotland with SRGC members and that English members find the journey north a bit hard,  so it is just luck that there are places available for AGS members at this event.

and  also for Sunday 1st August , at AGS Centre, Pershore, on  ASPECTS OF GROWING BULBS again with Jim Almond

These sound most interesting so if you are an AGS member who has not yet registered for these events and would like further information I suggest getting in touch with Jill Larner  -  jill@alpinegardensociety.net as soon as you can.  8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:37:18 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:28:46 PM »
A super display in Axminster. For trough making, there's nothing so telling as a display with the toughs in successive stages of completion. Is this your local group David (N)?
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:49:43 AM »
No Lesley, mine's the South Devon Group. Devon being a rural county with only two main road routes (one in the north and one in the south both running running east/west) and only rural road running north/south) there are two groups to suit individual travel needs. As I've said before it's like living on the edge of the known world ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:44:25 PM »
with only two main road routes (one in the north and one in the south both running running east/west) and only rural road running north/south) there are two groups to suit individual travel needs. As I've said before it's like living on the edge of the known world ;D

And never the twain shall meet? Even at an alpine show?  ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal