We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Sad loss to world of plants: Ken Hulme VMM, OBE, formerly of Ness Gardens  (Read 1129 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Ken Hulme has passed away.... Ken was instrumental in the success of Ness Gardens from his appointment there in 1957 and well known figure in our plant world. A long time member of SRGC and particular devotee of Rhododendrons and alpines, he will be sorely missed and our condolences are sent to  Barbara and to his family.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2010/apr/05/ken-hulme-obituary
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
It's always sad to see the great gardeners pass from the sight of men even after a long and fulfilling life. Mr Hulme's work was obviously a fine achievment and I add my condolences for his family.

I wish someone could have patented and made available to all gardeners, the cast iron back with a hinge in it. :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:57:57 PM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Otto Fauser

• Bulb Legend
I remember with pleasure and gratitude the gracious hospitality extented to me and Wilhelm Schacht by Ken and Barbara when we stayed there for a few days after the 1961 International Rockgarden conference . Then the rock and heather garden were still in their infancy .
Collector of rare bulbs & alpines, east of Melbourne, 500m alt, temperate rain forest.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal