We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Clematis napaulensis plants wanting homes!  (Read 7854 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Clematis napaulensis plants wanting homes!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 06:54:15 PM »
I can sea that Lesley, you don't seam to bee yourself today!

Got to have sympathy for anyone trying to learn this ridiculous language of ours, don't you?
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 08:11:42 PM »
I do indeed have sympathy for those people. It amazes me how fluent all our "other" Forumists are in English. We here are encouraged to learn Maori nowadays but while it's a beautiful language, there's no use for it at all except within New Zealand. I learned French at school to a half way fluent degree and Latin which has been a great help with plants but I wish I'd learned German, Dutch, Spanish and a few others as well. We also need Chinese languages, Korean and Thai here if we're to be able to get along well with all the new New Zealanders.

Thomas says he does well on the Forum because he has a word translation handy but I assure you that on the phone he's just as good.

Today and most of the week I'm arranging things for the 4th birthday party of Otago Farmers' Market. Balloons for kids, prizes for this and that, jazz band etc etc along with sign writing for a new, mobile site office so am feeling stressed. I HATE these parties which my Trust insists on and even worse, the frilly hat I'm going to have to wear on the day (3rd March). No, there will NOT be a photograph of me in it. That's why I seam to bee at see. Haven't even had time this weekend to pick blackberries but David, I've not forgotten.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 04:34:23 PM »
Many thanks Sue, seedlings arrived by this mornings post none the worse for wear, now happily ensconced in pot in cold frame as interim measure.  Looking forward to a stunning display next year?
Brian :-*
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 06:24:25 PM »
Lesley, I have just taken a virtual poll. In answer to the question "Should we see Lesley in a frilly hat" the result was:-

Yes: 3267   No: 2. You know what you have to do! 
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Susan

• Shoe Pixie
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 09:15:09 PM »
Well bowing to David's  scientifically conducted poll, we shall have to see that somthing  happens on Saturday.  Better not forget my camera then. ;D
Dunedin, New Zealand

SueG

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 02:11:06 PM »
Brian, glad the seedlings made it safely. The rest will be off to plant sales/members tables etc over the next few months!
Sue
Sue Gill, Northumberland, UK

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 02:13:12 AM »
David, I'm sure that the margin of error, officially calculated at 99.8% would render your poll unsafe. However, I'm putting up a picture of me taken yesterday by my Site Co-ordinator. I can tell you, it's a very good likeness.

Cheat! Cheat!  Nice balloons,though ! M
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:58:52 PM by Maggi Young »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 02:15:52 AM »
And now I'd like to apologise for this particular bit of silliness on what is a perfectly serious topic about Clematis napaulensis. :D

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:58:37 PM by Maggi Young »

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 11:31:06 PM »
So, back to the Clematis napaulensis... two lovely seedlings, one for us, one for Brian Wilson, most kindly delivered personally by Sue to the BD yesterday at the North Northumberland Group meeting. Ian was pleased to see so many Chums there. He was looked after very well by Gill Lee, of course, who drove him to and from the station and so on. Thanks, Gill, and hello from me to all the Chums I missed seeing! 
Thanks, Sue, we'll get it planted out when?? the storm finishes!
I suppose I ought to tell Brian his one is here!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 11:33:04 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

fleurbleue

• les Jardins des Grims
Re: Clematis napaulensis
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »
Hi all,
I should like purchasing a Clematis napaulensis but I don't know if it would be hardy In Zone 7 - 8  :-[ Can somebody help me ?
Best regards

Nicole, Sud Est France,  altitude 110 m    Zone 8

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal