We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Holiday Season approaches.... fast!  (Read 3949 times)

Gerdk

• grower of sweet violets
Re: Holiday Season approaches.... fast!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »
Nice to see the very special five (six?)square pots. I was told they were only produced during the DDR (German Democratic Republic) period.
These pots are well suited for raising smaller perennials and I use them for small violets.
If you find well cultivated rare alpines offered growing in this type of pot by a nursery here in Germany you can take it for sure that they originally came from Gerd Stopp.

Gerd
Gerd Knoche, Solingen
Germany

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 08:06:34 PM »
I love those little mesh baskets filled with shredded paper and placed over each plant. A brilliant way to pack. Never seen anything like it here.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 11:37:28 AM »
It is Christmas Eve (in the workhouse) and Gerd Stopp (alias Santa Claus) has just delivered (via an intermediary) twenty wonderful plants to my door.  I have been glum for a few days thinking that my euros had gone missing or my parcel had been delivered to more deserving folk in Bali or Taipei, but then the doorbell rang (strange that - it has been broken for months) and there was one wise man (his name tag read, Frank Incense) with a beautiful package in lustrous brown cardboard and glowing khaki tape.  I brushed his palm with a twenty pound note, put it back in my extremely dusty wallet, and wished him a very merry Christmas - I darted inside and ripped the wrapping to shreds.
Twenty tiny pots with beautifully crafted caps emerged from the polystyrene and newspaper packaging and I was certain that Father Christmas existed.

Merry Christmas one and all ... tis the season to be extremely jolly.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal