Specific Families and Genera > Hepatica

First Flowering

(1/3) > >>

Paul T:
Howdy All,

I have finally flowered my first ever Hepatica from seed...... I've been closely watching a bud on some seed from Lesley a few years ago, waiting for the first pink bud to open (it isn't open yet, but it still is easily seen to be deep pink), when I discovered that another pot had snuck in a flower while I wasn't watching.  While this is just a "normal" blue, it's still pretty special as I only have 2 adult Hepaticas that flower, well up until now anyway.  The seed of this came from Mark S.  Thanks Mark!!!!!  ;D  I am very chuffed with it, even if probably very mundane to those of you who grow scads of these.

David Nicholson:
Well done Paul, I have never had any success with Hepatica seed :(

Paul T:
I don't think I've yet sown any Hepatica seed that hasn't had at least some germination.  I've lost a few plants at times when a pot has dried out, but the majority in that particular pot just went into early dormancy and came back fine the following spring.  it just slowed them down a season or so.  I have a few different pots of seedlings coming along from the wonderfully generous people here on the SRGC forums.... and as they come into flower it will be so exciting just to find out what the differences in the flowers will be, and excitement for every new colour or shade.  ;D   All great stuff.  8)

Luc Gilgemyn:
Congratulations Paul !  I don't think they're that easy to cultivate in your climate !  ???
They're wonderful things aren't they ???

Maggi Young:
Well done, Paul, on the arrival of this little treasure!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version