Seedy Subjects! > Grow From Seed

Ranunculus rufosepalus & R. amplexicaulis

(1/3) > >>

fermi de Sousa:
Should this seed be sown straightaway even though it is still summer?
Any ideas or experience from the accummulated wisdom of the Forum would be appreciated!
cheers
fermi

ranunculus:
Good morning Fermi,
My advice, for what it is worth, is to sow all members of the Ranunculaceae as soon as humanly possible and NOT to mollycoddle the seeds in any way.
Greetings from the moors above Rochdale now glistening with a dusting of snow.
Cheers,
Cliff

Maggi Young:
Hello, Cliff, thanks for this. As soon as I saw the post, I hoped that, indeed, the Booker WOULD be lurking and, right enough, there you were! Who better than Mr Ranunculus to answer here?
Cheers to East Lancs Group, by the way, hope you are all fine?

Lesley Cox:
I'd go with right now Fermi. All Ranunculaceae like to sown as fresh as possible. They may not germinate right away but better sown than not - in my opinion. I was delighted to receive a few seeds of R. pyrenaeus from SRGC this year. Arrived yesterday, sown today.

Is it too much to ask that those who ask for advice about seed matters, could put the whole lot of those posts into one of the seed section threads? In later times when searching for seed answers it would make it so much easier for everyone to search a few threads than one for every genus. There have been a number of such enquiries over recent weeks. Just a thought.

Maggi Young:
Lesley, I did move the Iris seed question to the bulb section,where the Iris page is, even though not all Irises have bulbs! The individual pages like this one are all in the 'Grow from Seed Section', so I think we'll just leave 'em here.

By the way, I'd always go with sowing Ranunc seed as fresh as possible, and if you are watching a plant for seed, watch closely, since they tend to ripen quite quickly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version