We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulb log 24  (Read 2109 times)

TC

• Roving Reporter
Bulb log 24
« on: June 13, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »
Ian,
I saw a large planting of Craigton Blue in Threave Gardens yesterday.  You're famous !!!!!
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
Re: Bulb log 24
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 09:09:12 AM »
Great news Tom, it is such a good feeling to know that Corydalis 'Craigton Blue' is spreading and being appreciated around the world.
I get so much out of the plant world it is nice to be able to put something back in.
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 01:01:18 PM »
Tom, it IS exciting, isn't it? Sandy told me that the plantings of Corydalis 'Craigton Blue' in Gothenburg Botanic Garden are looking better than ever....... it is really grand to fell that thisplant is getting around so well and providing colour and fragrance to so many gardens   8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 05:16:22 AM »
We have one seedling from the same cross commercially available in NZ but it is nothing like that brilliant, intense blue of 'Craigton Blue,' a real beauty.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »
Slowly started to work on catching up on some of the bulblogs I haven't read in the last few months.  Had to comment on a couple of things in this one.....

Love that Corydalis!!  Beautiful!  I hope it makes it here one day.

The Arisaema species you haven't managed to identify is one of the A. fargesii, bogneri, franchetianum alliance (depending who you talk to they are all part of the same species).  I think one of the differences is the flaring on the edge of the mouth of the spathe, but I don't know how variable that is from species to species.  Thought it was worthwhile mentioning it as it might help you track down a name.  As a good clump like that it is even more of a stunner!!  Beautiful!! 8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal