We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Grrrrrr.......... Dierama Drama!  (Read 10333 times)

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
Re: Grrrrrr.......... Dierama Drama!
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »
I don't spend too much time looking at nursery lists because I know I won't be spending money but there are somer real deals  at Edrom at the miniute.... I thought of you when I saw Epimedium sempervirens Creamsickle on offer at £14 reduced from £50, McMark!!  :o

Quite the deal!  I believe I have the same plant, brought back from Japan by Darrell Probst and Dan Hinkley in 1997 prior to the plant having a proper cultivar name... I noticed the name 'Creamsickle' showing up recently in UK/EU nurseries, fairly certain this is one and the same.  Garden Vision Nursery sells it as E. sempervirens "Variegated #1" for $35 US (roughly £22).  My plant grew lustily in one year, and I should be able to divide it into 10 parts next spring.  Maybe I can make a small Epimedium hedge of it, surrounding a clump of moody maroon Dieremas, what a drama it would be!
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal