We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: DRYAD NURSERY NEWS AND NEW INTRODUCTIONS SUMMER 2023  (Read 2309 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Re: DRYAD NURSERY NEWS AND NEW INTRODUCTIONS SUMMER 2023
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2023, 09:15:13 PM »
Our penultimate listings begin tonight. These will finish on Saturday, and will be followed by a very quick ONE DAY listing on Sunday to finish our season. We will be helping our daughter move into her first house, hence the hurry!
Beginning with the daffs for a change – for each cultivar, these will be the last ones available this year:
LEMON BUNCH, for bright, late colour and stunning perfume.
LITTLE CELINE for the daintiest reverse bicolour flowers on 4-5 inch stems.
RIME for its starry-backed white bells.
RUBY MORRIS for serene beauty and elegance – profits to MND research.
MICA for her super-model exhibition flowers.

The snowdrops feature the last for this year of:
DRYAD BELLEROPHON, with its flaring wing-like outers and sneaky-peek eyes on the inners.
DRYAD CONCERTO, with its crinoline shape and multi-hued green markings.
DRYAD DUCHESS – for autumn perfume and compact habit.
DRYAD PRINCESS – my favourite of the new ARISTOCRAT autumn flowering group, with its heavily textured flowers and wonderful scent.
And finally, the tiny Estonian green-tip TILLUKE

Find the listings here:
 https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 09:17:03 PM by annew »
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2023, 08:46:42 AM »
Our last but one ebay listings end tonight, and will be followed by a very quick ONE DAY listing on Sunday to finish our season. Most of the cultivars are the last of their kind to be offered this year, and since we no longer sell snowdrops ‘in the green’, this is your last chance to see them flower in your own garden next spring.

The snowdrops feature a wide spread of shapes and forms:
The new IPOC from our Myths and Legends series, DRYAD BELLEROPHON.
Our new virescent – DRYAD CONCERTO
Two of our new autumn-flowering ARISTOCRAT series – DRYAD DUCHESS, and DRYAD PRINCESS.
The tiniest green-tip you are ever likely to see, the Estonian TILLUKE. I am unlikely to offer this variety again, as I will be planting out the remainder of my stock.

The daffodils include:
The strongly fragrant LEMON BUNCH
Icy-bright RIME
Petite reverse bicolour LITTLE CELINE
Perfectly proportioned MICA
Lastly, please bid generously in aid of Motor Neurone Research for the cool ivory trumpets of RUBY MORRIS.

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2023, 09:13:23 AM »
Our season finale starts tonight and ends TOMORROW, in a nail-biting finish, but I promise it will be one of those last episodes when everything works out fine, and not the kind where the hero gets shot and the heroine is tied to a railway line!
THREE of our top-flight Myths and Legends ipocs feature in the snowdrops:
DRYAD HERA, new this year, but long awaited, and her spouse with the roving eye, DRYAD ZEUS, go head to head, and perfectly compliment each other, at least in their snowdrop incarnations.
ZEUS’s lightning bolt streak of emerald contrasts with the softer feminine curves of HERA’s green mantle.
The flyaway outers of DRYAD PEGASUS, the fabled winged horse, look ready to lift the flowers aloft, and the deep green blaze on the snowy textured outers echos the dark green of the inners beneath.
Our new virescent DRYAD SONATA combines an eye-catching spear-like shape with contrasting apple-green shading and stripes on the outers, and deep green inners. The bright white oval over the apex of the segment provides a perfect counterpoint.
Two of our new autumn-flowering ARISTOCRAT group complete the snowdrop cast, DRYAD PRINCESS the taller sister with beautifully corrugated outer segments, while her sister DRYAD COUNTESS bears two separated marks on the inners – both share the vigour and strong perfume of the group.
Our final daffodils for the 2023 include AMBRIAL with her unique parentage of Narcissus marvieri and N. albimarginatus and 1-2 nodding golden flowers with slightly reflexed perianth – and more importantly the rich scent - inherited from its Moroccan father.
IVORY RIPPLE, from N. triandrus var triandrus and N. cantabricus petunioides, was much admired at RHS and AGS shows this spring, being awarded a PC at Kendal AGS show. The cool ivory flowers have conical coronas flared at the mouth and longitudinally rippled, hence the name.
LITTLE GOLDHEART has stolen a few hearts in her debut showing season. The 33 mm wide, buttery flowers, with their signature deep golden lining to the cup, pleased judges as well as visitors.
Brian Duncan’s award-winning PET LAMB caused a sensation when first exhibited, and still cuts a fine (very petite) figure on the showbench with its tiny white trumpets.
Finally, to finish our ebay listings, the multi-headed flowers of the bright golden GOLD BUNCH with its powerful perfume, and the crystal lemon and white LEMON PARFAIT, unscented, also finish our daffodil flowering season with their many late blooms.
REMEMBER, these finish TOMORROW!
For the last time this year, find all the listings here by late evening today:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal