We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cyclamen 2023  (Read 3350 times)

Stefan B.

Re: Cyclamen 2023
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2023, 09:17:29 AM »

A beautiful cyclamen seed in my garden.

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2023, 04:00:17 PM »
Very nice Cyclamen everyone.  :)
Stefan, your hederifolium has beautiful red colour.

I got seeds of white C.purpurascens from Guff last autumn, and the seeds germinated this August, just like my own C.purpurascens and seeds of purpurascens from Herman.
Seeds of C.hederifolium (not in the picture, they are already pricked out) and C.cilicium sown in August 2022 germinated in October 2022, but seeds of C.elegans sown also at the same time are germinating just now, a year later.
In the picture the pot on the top left. Top middle is C.purpurascens 'Album'. Thank you for the seeds! :) :)
Leena from south of Finland

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2023, 09:46:31 AM »
This Cyclamen persicum is a seedling of one raised from seed designated "ex Israel" - possibly from Oron - quite a few years ago, I think from the AGS Seedex.
A recent heatwave (its only spring here!!) meant the collapse of the foliage but the flowers continued on after getting a drink.
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

TerryH

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2023, 03:18:58 PM »
I have about 15 pots of Cyclamen graecum (including ssp. candicum, 'Rhodopou' and 'Glyfada') in the glasshouse that have been grown from seed. Many are 10 years old but the rest are younger. All have produced splendid foliage this year but not one flower. I am sure most have flowered previously. I know they sometimes produce foliage before flowers but the flowers should have appeared by now. They have been watered moderately on the compost surface. Can anyone suggest why there are no flowers?

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2023, 06:27:05 PM »
Hello Terry,

Making a satisfactory diagnosis for your Cyclamen plants over the Internet might be extremely difficult. Variables of light, temperature, moisture and the availability of essential nutrients at critical times are all considerations. Visiting a nursery/garden center with competent personnel will likely yield quicker and more accurate results. There is a definite need to ask pertinent questions. Based on the answers additional questions will likely need to be made. I am in the U.S.A. Someone in your location will be aware of significant weather/climatic events that may be important contributing factors. Local experts will also better understand local disease and insect pests.

Good luck finding a solution to your Cyclamen issues.
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

Herman Mylemans

• Gentians
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2023, 11:59:31 AM »
Cyclamen mirabile f. niveum is flowering again. First it was flowering in August.
Belgium

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal