Bulbs > Bulbs General

Corydalis 2022

<< < (2/10) > >>

Leena:
You have a good Corydalis season, Gabriela! :)
I'm happy that you have gotten flowering plants from my seeds, and C.malkensis really is on of my favourites, too.
Your white solida with purple lips looks very special!
And also C.cava subsp marschalliana, you have a lot of variation in their colours.
Here most Corydalis are still yet to come, only in the warmest bed those two were in flower. I fear I have lost my C.marschaliana 'Crimea'. It usually is early to come up, and there is no sign of it yet. I hope there are some seedlings from it alive. Most different solidas have survived this very bad winter, and also C.bracteata is ok, which I'm very happy. :)
And there are Corydalis seedlings germinated this spring in pots, so there will be more Corydalis in the future. :)

Gabriela:
Thanks Leena, Corydalis wise it's been good indeed. On the shaded sides some C. solida only now start flowering. And it's supposed to remain cool for a while, which is good news. Some years we can have temp. 20+C in May.

I hope your C. marschalliana 'Crimea' will show up, it is an impressive specimen. Maybe it is just slow to emerge.
Here C. bracteata showed up later than usual this spring.
Same here for the seedlings, there is always space for more Corydalis in the garden :)

Leena:
It seems that C.cava and C.marschalliana have vanished last winter. C.cava did that once earlier, died after a cold winter, but then it re-established itself from seeds, so I'm hoping the same happens now.
C.bracteata however is doing well, as it should be (it is from Siberia). Here is the first one of them flowering.
And another one coming up behind Trillium nivale.
Corydalis solida are now starting to flower, so they will be in full bloom maybe next week

MarcR:
Gabriela,

Lovely pictures of splendid plants!

Gabriela:
Thanks Marc.

They got the weather forecast wrong and summer like weather is with us now, and very sunny. C. nobilis is starting to flower, all the others will set some seeds, or not, and become dormant fast.
C. caucasica

C. bracteata

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version