We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Books needing a new home  (Read 489 times)

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
Books needing a new home
« on: April 10, 2022, 09:10:55 PM »
I collected the library of the late Glassford Sprunt following his recent death, and this contains over 200 books.  Glassford's widow Diedre was pleased that they be distributed to SRGC members in return for donations in aid of SRGC funds.

I attach below a 5 page list of the books available.  All are in good condition, and I invite offers.  In view of their quality I suggest a minimum of £5 per book, but feel free to make me a higher or lower donation to secure your choice!

I have too many books (2 carloads) to take everything to every SRGC Show, so these books can be ordered in advance for collecton at SRGC Shows this year.  I shall be attending Perth, and Glasgow Shows at least.  Alternatively it may be possible to arrange delivery through friends attending these shows.

Mailing costs are probably prohibitive within the UK, and heavy postage and new Customs charges unfortunately make it impossible to send these books outwith England, Wales or Scotland.

Please email me at treasurer(at)srgc.net if you want to make an offer for any of these books.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 02:21:29 PM by Richard Green »
Richard Green - Balfron Station, West Central Scotland

Vinny 123

Re: Books needing a new home
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 07:40:54 AM »
Postage costs shouldn't be as bad as you fear and the chance of books attracting customs hassles are very slight, especially as they are s/h.

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
Re: Books needing a new home
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 03:03:28 PM »
Any offers will be welcome, and I be bringing some of these books to the Perth Show this coming Saturday.

UK postage prices have just gone up, and I hear the AGS are having problems with Customs duties on import of their books into EU countries.  However, of course, they are selling new books.  Customs duties are charged on value, but some EU countries also large flat admin fees which are added on top even if the value small or nothing. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 03:07:07 PM by Richard Green »
Richard Green - Balfron Station, West Central Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal