Specific Families and Genera > Pleione and Orchidaceae

Pleione 2022

(1/10) > >>

PaulFlowers:
Pleione Lucey

PaulFlowers:
Pleione chunii x humilis - I don’t know what it’s name is. This must have been an eBay purchase

Tim Harberd:
Hi Paul,
     That chunii x humilis is curious... I looked on the Pleione Info website, and that is not a hybrid that has been registered. Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't exist! However your picture doesn't show much influence of humilis!

Tim DH

PaulFlowers:
Tim- I can see the chunii -small and chunky!  I’d thought the early flowering might be from Humilis I’ll try and check my eBay records in case it’s me being daft

Muppet:
Chunii x Humilis was a cross made by Kath Fairhurst with the seedlings raised by the late Peter Clarke . Flowers on these vary from pure white through to pale pink with varying lip markings .This cross was not registered because it flowered after Kath had stopped growing Pleione and a fair few other unregistered nice crosses from Kath are also possibly still around. Paul you most certainly would have purchased this on Ebay from Pleionecyclamen.. This cross I believe has also been done more recently by Anthura but no idea how these compare or if this is indeed a reverse cross.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version