We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Computer help - viewing images  (Read 1050 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Computer help - viewing images
« on: July 06, 2021, 03:51:22 PM »
Does anyone know of any way of browsing through photos/images on my ipad showing the file names. eg if you have lots of photos of different tulips, how can you browse through them looking at the names of the tulips, assuming you have renamed all the images with the tulip's name? This is driving me crackers as I need to take a device out to my potting bench so I can look at photos of the thing I'm repotting.
I also have an ASUS tablet, on which I can browse through the thumbnails showing the file names, but if I click on one to open it larger, and want to scroll through the several images of the same thing, it won't scroll to the next image but randomly selects any of the other images in the folder.... ??? >:(
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Computer help - viewing images
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 08:09:49 PM »
Some replies to Anne from the SRGC Friends'  facebook page:

Knut Bjørnstad
Typical behavior on image browsers - those who make them guess the behavior of those who use them - usually they are wrong. To not show filename is ridiculous. I have only experience of the browsers of Windows and Linux though ...

Alan Grainger
Too late now, but perhaps you could put all your Tulip photos in a folder named ‘Tulips’. I also date mine. So it would be “Dahlias 2019”, “Dahlias 2020” etc. That way you can also check on the progress from year to year.
Not sure if they have ‘Spotlight’ on iPads but if they do, just search Tulip and all your jpgs of whatever should show up.

Richard Moriarty
Download the free lightroom mobile app then select the relevant photos to bring them into lightroom then if you click edit you can see the photo and the title and metadata. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-mobile-adding.../

LIGHTROOMQUEEN.COM :   https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-mobile-adding-metadata-info-view/?fbclid=IwAR2y2ruVLSOch8w0xUoGSD7W0sWAM0S4K1Ae3ZhEZwdhsDFhy4bvzj5LvOg

Lightroom mobile - adding metadata in Info view | The Lightroom Queen

Knut Bjørnstad
On Android I use QuickPick - not fantastic, but at least it shows file names. There is an Apple version according to App Store
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 10:34:11 PM »
Thank you all. some I've tried already, but some more options to explore!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 06:45:31 PM »
The answer! I can use Google Drive which displays them perfectly with the file names and I can scroll through correctly. Only downside is I need internet access (potting station too far for wifi), so have to use my phone, or tether the ipad. Not insurmountable :)

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal