We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: DRYAD NURSERY SEED AND BULB LISTS 2021  (Read 4229 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
DRYAD NURSERY SEED AND BULB LISTS 2021
« on: June 11, 2021, 12:06:24 PM »
It has been a very late season, and the bulbs have only just died down, so the list will be a bit late this year.
The hepatica and snowdrop seeds have also just been harvested, so the fresh seed list will be ready soon, once I've done the paperwork. After much hard work in the spring, I'm excited to be able to offer plenty of hand pollinated seeds of both species this year. This will be available as a pdf only.
I’m very sad to say that we will only be able to post BULBS to England, Scotland, Wales and USA (not galanthus), following Brexit. Fresh seeds to mainland UK only.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 07:18:05 PM by annew »
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
Re: DRYAD NURSERY SEED AND BULB LISTS 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 07:17:30 PM »
Dryad Nursery Fresh Seed List 2021 nearly ready!
Our fresh seed list of galanthus and hepatica seeds is just about ready and will go live at around 18.00 on Sunday 20 June.
I’m afraid they will be available to addresses in England, Scotland and Wales only.
That is as frustrating to me as it is to you, but new regulations have left us with no choice, regrettably.

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 07:54:18 PM »
DRYAD SUMMER LIST IMMINENT!
It has been a very late season here at Dryad Nursery but our much-awaited Summer List is being finalised for a Saturday night 31st July launch. There will be a slight change from usual as I have just not had time to put the list onto the website pages, so instead you will order from the pdf which has details and images of all the items – almost 200 different species and cultivars. I will put a link to an updated list of availability on our home page every so often, so that you can see which are sold out. Each item has an item number which should make ordering easier. Orders will by email as usual.

So many things have happened over the last few years but as we are hopefully approaching a return to normality it is time for me to take stock.
As time becomes more precious, I have decided to free myself up to concentrate on two key areas, my first love, miniature Narcissus and my Dryad breeding programme snowdrop ranges: Dryad Golds, Myths & Legends, a new 'Snow Range' and another development (of which more exciting announcements later, but as a three word clue: 'Ipoc', 'Yellow' and 'Range'). Both these latter two ranges are undergoing my normal rigorous selection & naming process to ensure they are unique, stunning and worthy to be named.

I have much enjoyed working in the snowdrop world and have developed strong friendships with so many of my customers over the years. Therefore, and as this will be my last offerings of many of our non-Dryad varieties, I wanted to thank all my customers with a 'Bumper List', keenly priced to allow my remaining stock to be widely available. Hopefully there will be something there for everybody as a thank you for all your support.

I will be conducting Ebay listings of resting bulbs, including some of the Dryad Golds, Dryad Myths & Legends, some of the Estonian series and other rare cultivars shortly.
Next year in the winter I will be offering my Dryad specials in the green as usual.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to post to the EU or Northern Ireland this summer.

Customers in the USA may order narcissus but not snowdrops. As it now costs £30 for each Phytosanitary certificate, on top of the soil sampling costs and fees for the inspectors’ visits, American customers may combine orders with a friend to one address, but the parcel can only be insured for £250 maximum.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 07:57:02 PM by annew »

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 06:30:49 PM »
The list is now available - see pdf on home page:
https://www.dryad-home.co.uk

www.dryad-home.co.uk

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 05:11:23 AM »
Oh my! What a list!
So sad that we can't import bulbs easily into Australia :(
Congrats on a wonderful catalogue and hoping you get lots of sales,
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 10:19:31 PM »
Thanks Fermi. There aren't many places we can send to nowadays  :(

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 07:01:45 PM »
Thank you to all our customers for their orders! Many of the items, including almost all the narcissus, are now sold out, so if you are still thinking of ordering from the main list please check availability on the pdf on our website home page: https://www.dryad-home.co.uk
If you were too late to catch some of the very rare items, all is not lost! Our ebay listings will begin tomorrow night Thursday 5 August, and will be followed by the rest in quick succession every three days, so, where possible, they can be sent in with the main list orders.
Please let me know straight away if you want me to hold posting your main list orders until you have finished bidding on ebay. Otherwise, I will begin posting out orders this week.

We have listed many rare and wonderful plants on ebay in the past, many of which are exclusive to Dryad Nursery, and this summer’s listings may be our best ever selection of stunning varieties. Here is a taster of some of the very special bulbs, some of which will be available ONLY on ebay.

NARCISSUS PET LAMB from Brian Duncan. A very important and historic variety, it was awarded the Triple honour of the Ralph B. White Memorial Medal for innovation, Best Miniature and Best Seedling at the RHS early show in 2007.
The bulb offered is one of probably only a dozen or so bulbs in existence.
Pet Lamb is an extremely tiny white trumpet daffodil, flowering at only 5cm high. The creamy white trumpet flowers are less than 2cm in diameter, with a slightly swept-forward perianth, stained bright lime green on the tube. The corona is neatly flanged and frilled at the mouth.

NARCISSUS WINNING TRY and GREAT TRY - new from Brian Duncan and an important colour break in miniature daffodils. These two superb new triandrus hybrids have very good exhibition form and strong orange coronas contrasting with a reflexed golden perianth. These will be in great demand by exhibitors wanting to add sparkle to their miniature collections on the showbench.

NARCISSUS FANTINE - From Brian Duncan – So rare even I don’t have one!
Multi award-winning miniature cyclamineus hybrid. Supremely elegant elongated flowers with white, fully reflexed perianth, and long, pale primrose yellow corona with a delicately flared mouth.
At the London Royal Horticultural Society show in 2018 it was awarded a ‘Grand Slam’ of the prestigious ‘Best Miniature’, ‘Best Any Other Division’ and ‘Reserve Best in Show’.

NARCISSUS SWIFTLET -  6 Y-Y - new from Dryad Nursery. As one of our tiniest hybrids, you can’t get much more miniature than this little gem. Fully grown at under 7cm/3” high, with perfectly proportioned cool, pale lemon flowers with a strongly reflexed perianth and long, slightly flared corona.

NARCISSUS MICA – Stunning 2 W-W growing to about 18cm high under glass. The flowers open with a pale lemon corona and white perianth, then mature to all white. The corona is gently flared, and the perianth segments have a good overlap. Destined to become a favourite with exhibitors.

In the snowdrops, we will be offering our classic Dryad introductions, in the DRYAD GOLD and MYTHS and LEGENDS series, along with choice and desirable varieties from Estonia and Germany, amongst others, which will be wonderful additions to anyone’s collection. Some of these will be the last of their kind to be offered by us, as we reduce our stocks of galanthus.

IMPORTANT – US customers may bid on the narcissus, but not galanthus. I’m sorry, but apart from those, I can only post to England, Scotland and Wales this year due to Brexit complications.
EBAY SALES -  I sell as DRYADZNY.

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 08:16:50 PM »
Our first Dryad Nursery ebay listings for the summer are now live!
In tonight’s choice are six of our exclusive miniature daffodils, including four cultivars making their first appearance on EBAY:

From Brian Duncan’s thoroughbred stable there is a great new colour break in miniature daffodils – GREAT TRY - sure to be in demand by exhibitors with its glowing orange corona and golden perianth.

Also from Brian, TWINGOLD is an eyecatching 12 Y-Y only 15cm high, with a prettily lobed corona and up to two flowers per stem to increase its impact.

From our own breeding programme the new PALILA (2 Y-W) is a charming little reverse bicolour only 10cm high, with pale creamy lemon perianth and flat white corona with yellow eye.

Two of our very popular true miniatures, LITTLE JEN and GIANNA are also on offer tonight for those customers disappointed to miss them in our main list.
GIANNA 6 W-Y is a cute miniature with perky, swept-back perianth and prettily flared mouth to the corona. Opening W-Y, it maturing to W-W. 10cm high.
LITTLE JEN 5 Y-Y is a dainty x rupidulus type with 1-3 pale, acid-lemon flowers on 15cm stems.

SHIRAUME is the last of our daffodils this session, a very distinctive 10 W-W Japanese hoop petticoat bred by Satoshi Komoriya. The corona is very deeply lobed, giving it, as far as I know, a unique appearance. A very different daffodil for your collection, and very early to flower.

Our snowdrops for tonight offer a great spread of colours and sizes including three yellows, two inverse poculiforms, a yellow and green, a double and a virescent – something for all tastes!
First up are two of our signature DRYAD GOLDS :

DRYAD GOLD SCEPTRE is recently registered and it is a strong-growing, medium tall cultivar, whose flowers are among the largest in the group. It makes large bulbs which increase well.

DRYAD GOLD CHARM is low-growing, with elegant long buds which really catch the eye. The Dryad Golds are not only superb garden plants but they are also wonderful in pots for cold glass or conservatories, many of the varieties being compact growers. They will not suffer being grown in pots, as is sometimes suggested for snowdrops.

The golds are accompanied by two of our MYTHS and LEGENDS series, DRYAD ECHO and the newer DRYAD JUPITER.

DRYAD ECHO is easily recognised by a mysterious pale ‘echo’ spot above the dark green mark on the outers, and a corresponding pale mirroring of the dark inverted V on the inners. It is honey-scented, vigorous and increases well here.

DRYAD JUPITER was chosen for our new inverse poculiform because of its regal, upright bearing and crown-shaped outer mark, as befits the king of the gods in Roman mythology.
Growing to about 25 cm under cover, the strong stems bear large flowers, held well above the leaves for maximum impact.
Each of the outer segments is broad and convex leading to a full, rounded outline to the flower, while the edge of the outers is tilted upwards to form a rim which reaches all the way around the perimeter except for the basal ‘claw’. The texture is distinctly ridged, so that the outer mark, a rich green arc, extends along the furrows to produce the ‘crown’ which is a signature of this variety. There is a small sinus notch.
The inner segments feature a green X mark, of which the apical half is deep green, while the basal half is pale and diffuse, whereas the inner surfaces are almost entirely striped with green.
The plants increase well, forming large bulbs which flower consistently, and will make an imposing and majestic statement in the garden.

From Estonia and the breeding of that great plantsman Taavi Tuulik, comes one of his new Estonian Birds Doubles series – TUTKAS, named after the Estonian for Ruff (Philomachus pugnax). It is a very refined double snowdrop starting to open at less than 10cm high. The stiffly upright, hooded, supervolute leaves present the flowers beautifully.
At first, the very regular flowers will fool you into thinking it is a single snowdrop, as the inner segments are so neatly arranged inside.
There are 3 outer segments and a very tight whorl of inner segments bearing a deep green inverted V at the apex, usually joined to a matching zone in the basal half, but not reaching as far as the base.  The sturdy, almost cylindrical ovary is subtended by a curved spathe. This has become a nursery favourite.

Also from Taavi is the first to be named of the ESTONIAN SPIRIT GROUP of yellow snowdrops. KULLAKE is an outstanding, compact nivalis, very pale and spectral throughout with a narrow, pale yellow mark on inner segments and pale yellow ovary. Even the leaves are pale and silvery. The stunning ghostly appearance makes this a very beautiful and striking addition to the yellow snowdrop group and a real eye catcher.

From Germany and the garden of Hagen Engelmann, we present the emerald and gold DAS GELBE VOM EI.  The green ovary and contrasting yellow inner mark colouring is stable and the plant is not a ‘colour-changing’ snowdrop. Resembling a rather more sturdy Blonde Inge, flowering at about 13cm high, it will make a striking feature in the garden.

Last of our offerings tonight is the rare and delightful dwarf virescent snowdrop also from Hagen Engelmann’s garden, flowering at about 7cm high. Outer segments  have green shading in the central section, while the inner segments have a deep green apical mark to half the length, usually shaded green to the base. Late flowering.
All our snowdrops are multi-nosed bulbs for rapid impact. Find them here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Good Luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 11:06:17 AM »
FINISHING TONIGHT!
Our first listings of 2021 finish tonight, offering a great selection of our different shapes and colours of snowdrops. Our two yellows are from our classic Dryad Gold range – DRYAD GOLD CHARM with its elegant long flowers on a low-growing plant, and DRYAD GOLD SCEPTRE, one of our two newest Dryad Gold cultivars, with large shapely flowers on mid-height plants. Both have the vigour and fast increase which is characteristic of the group as a whole.

The two inverse poculiforms come from our Myths and Legends series – DRYAD ECHO with its easily remembered, mysterious pale echo on both inner and outer segments.
DRYAD JUPITER, the newest addition to the group, is an imposing sight with its large, heavily textured flowers, and deep green ‘crown’ marking on the outers.

The two Estonians include another yellow – this time the pale, ghostly KULLAKE, with pallid leaves to match the delicate flowers. The Estonian Bird Double is the compact and neatly formed TUTKAS, with its perfect double flowers embraced by the slightly twisted, blue green leaves.

Our two German snowdrops include the beautifully bicoloured DAS GELBE VOM EI, named for its rich egg-yolk yellow inner mark, and the delightfully dwarf and floriferous virescent SCHMALHANS IM GRÜNEN.

Our daffodils finishing tonight include GREAT TRY, the exciting new addition from Brian Duncan bringing deep orange into miniature daffodils for the showbench.
Brian’s second introduction is the pretty, often twin-flowered TWINGOLD.
The Dryad nursery triple offering tonight includes our new PALILA with the flat corona paler than the creamy yellow perianth. The popular but scarce GIANNA comes next, with swept back perianth maturing to white and only 10cm high. LITTLE JEN, named for my daughter is an ice-cool lemon with up to 3 flowers per stem.
Lastly the distinctive Japanese hoop-petticoat SHIRAUME could add its very early flowering and unusual deeply lobed perianth to your collection.

You can find our listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Please remember, we can only post snowdrops to England, Scotland or Wales. Daffodils can also be sent to the USA (with phytosanitary charges)
Thank you for bidding, and good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 09:42:24 PM »
In our listings starting tonight:

The much admired, and requested, DRYAD DEMETER with its extraordinary green
outer segments. These are prettily flanged at the edges, white with a solid emerald green mark reaching almost to the base, and with a notch at the apex. The inner segments are all green with a narrow white rim and narrow sinus.
It is a mid-height snowdrop growing to about 16cm high under glass. Leaves are short at flowering time, displaying the erect flower stems beautifully. The bulbs increase rapidly. The double-nosed bulb offered is a DIVISION of the original.

DEMETER is attended by no less that three of our DRYAD GOLD group –

DRYAD GOLD BULLION- a compact cultivar which bulks up very rapidly and is very free flowering.
DRYAD GOLD NUGGET begins to flower at only 8cm high. The shape of the flowers is compact and rounded, and the inner mark is chartreuse, contrasting nicely with the yellow ovary.
DRYAD GOLD STANDARD is a medium-tall, imposing variety with large bulbs, it has fine, large bell-shaped flowers, the incurving outer segments make them gently ‘quill’ into a point at their apices when mature. The large bulbs clump up quickly.
All the DRYAD GOLD GROUP share the same vigorous habit, and come to you as double-nosed bulbs.

The miniature German cultivar GRÜNE DONAUZWERG, is a tiny snowdrop with deep green, narrow leaves and proportionately dainty flowers. The triple-nosed bulb is, as you would expect, also small!
The last of our snowdrops tonight is Galanthus reginae-olgae BLANC DE CHINE – this superb autumn-flowering cultivar is a rare albino form, with no green markings at all on the flower. Always admired at the autumn shows. Sought after and rare as hen’s teeth.
Our daffodils this session include four of Brian Duncan’s superb miniatures:

The fabulous FANTINE - Brian Duncan’s multi award-winning miniature cyclamineus hybrid, with supremely elegant, elongated flowers with white, fully reflexed perianth, and long, pale primrose yellow, delicately flared corona.

WINNING TRY is offered for the first time here on EBAY and destined to become an exhibitors’ favourite. Bred from Maria x triandrus concolor, it is classified as 5 Y-O, a superb triandrus hybrid with very good exhibition form and strong orange corona contrasting with the reflexed golden perianth.

CHEEP is a superb white miniature cyclamineus hybrid, the charming flowers opening creamy white, and fading to pure white. It is an excellent show flower, and has won many prizes, including the prestigious Best Miniature at Royal Horticultural Society Rosemoor 2014.

LOVELY LASS from (N. asturiensis x cyclamineus) is a beautiful deep gold cyclamineus hybrid of sturdy growth about 18-20cm tall with a racy reflex.

From our own stable come three ice-cool whites:

MICA is a rare example of a white Division 2 miniature (2W-W), and as such is destined to be very popular with exhibitors since the flower is of excellent show form. She is not just for those exalted circles though! Growing to only 15cm under glass, and with an upright growth habit, Mica makes a superb specimen for containers, troughs and rock gardens. Upon first opening, the flower is an ethereal bicolour with a white perianth and palest lemon corona, but this soon matures to all white. Named after the silvery mineral, Mica is sure to light up your collection. This is the only bulb available this year, and only the third to be offered while we increase our stock.

PALLENE – NEW this year – a flamboyant new hoop petticoat with widely flaring, gently rolled back white flowers and protruding golden stamens. Only 15cm high, and flowering very early.

LITTLE FINN, named for my toddler grandson, opens W-Y, then matures to W-W. Almost a perfect ‘Mitzy’ in miniature, with a gently swept-back perianth and slightly flared corona. Growing to only 10cm high, it makes a superb pot specimen, but should also be hardy outside. A great favourite with visitors. Only one to spare.

Find the listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Please remember, we can only post snowdrops to England, Scotland or Wales. Daffodils can also be sent to the USA (with phytosanitary charges)

GOOD LUCK!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2021, 01:26:43 PM »
Finishing tonight!
In the daffodils – a tempting selection of our exclusive little treasures.
The aristocratic and much-lauded FANTINE is accompanied by two more of Brian Duncan’s cyclamineus hybrids, the all-white CHEEP and golden yellow LOVELY LASS. WINNING TRY is bound to be a real winner on the showbench with its glowing orange corona.
From Dryad breeding we offer the diminutive LITTLE FINN – always in demand and always in short supply! Serene MICA is a rare, pure white division 2 flower, and will make a perfect addition to an exhibitor’s collection. Our newest hoop petticoat, PALLENE is a wonderful container plant, needing a dry summer rest, for which it will reward you with sumptuous, scented, ivory flowers in the dark days of winter under glass.

Our Dryad snowdrops this session lead with one of the stars of our MYTHS AND LEGENDS series. DRYAD DEMETER is easily recognised by its elegant flowers with solid virescent characteristics, more oil paint than watercolour! It will quickly bulk up to provide an exquisite and eye-catching clump.

To contrast with the emerald of DRYAD DEMETER, we also offer three of our beautiful DRYAD GOLD group –

DRYAD GOLD BULLION – the little racer of the group, neat but fast! You will quickly get and impressive clump from this variety.
DRYAD GOLD NUGGET is a compact little snowdrop with nicely rounded flowers and contrasting yellow ovary and acid green inner mark.
DRYAD GOLD STANDARD , one of our newest additions to the range, is an imposing variety with large bulbs, and has fine, large bell-shaped flowers.

All these DRYAD varieties share the same vigorous habit, and come to you as double-nosed bulbs.
The final two snowdrops tonight are the pure white, albino G. reginae-olgae BLANC DE CHINE, sought after for autumn shows and much admired when exhibited.
Last, and also least! GRÜNER DONAUZWERG is a tiny little snowdrop with narrow, rich-green leaves and miniature flowers to match, rarely offered.

Apologies to our American customers that they are unable to bid on some of the daffodils due to a problem with EBAY, which I hope will be resolved in the next listings.
As usual, you can find our listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Thank you for bidding, and good luck!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 05:48:47 PM by annew »

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2021, 08:58:36 PM »
Tonight’s EBAY listings from Dryad Nursery:
Our daffodils tonight include the much-awaited PET LAMB, boasting an impressive list of awards for such a tiny daffodil - it was awarded the triple honour of the Ralph B. White Memorial Medal for innovation, Best Miniature and Best Seedling at the RHS early show in 2007. This is only the third bulb ever to be offered of this diminutive charmer, and it is unlikely to be offered in any quantity in the future. Pet Lamb will definitely lend a winning streak on the showbench, or be a real treasure in your collection.
Two of Dryad Nursery’s new varieties for 2021 keep the Lamb company – SWIFTLET is one of our smallest gems with sparkling palest lemon flowers in perfect proportion to its 7cm height, over rich green foliage which displays the flowers well. The strongly reflexed perianth suggested the name of our favourite bird in its rapid summer flight.
MALINKY is a little daff with a big personality, its spider-like flowers unlike any other variety we grow. The lemon yellow narrow perianth extends star-like from the long corona tipped with a frill.
Brian Duncan’s graceful ANGEL’S FLIGHT carries its elongated, milky flowers on 15cm stems and a group makes a very sophisticated and elegant display.
Dryad’s own DERYN and LITTLE DRYAD are two of our best introductions, both ideal as exhibition flowers, but they also make superb displays in containers where their perfect proportions and enchanting flowers can be seen in close-up.
LITTLE DRYAD’s mature flowers are cool ivory, with strongly swept-back perianth and long straight corona with gently flared mouth. They are held on upright, 12 cm stems over low foliage.
DERYN is Welsh for ‘bird’, and a group of this special little daffodil in flower looks like a flight of tiny birds coming in for a landing. On opening, the long, clear lemon trumpet contrasts beautifully with the swept-back, pure white perianth, while as the flower matures the colours become softer. Flowering at only 12cm/5” under glass, it makes a wonderful container subject, but should be hardy outside. The flowers are of excellent show form, ideal for exhibitors of cut blooms as well as being graceful enough for alpine enthusiasts. A favourite here in the nursery.
We have only ONE bulb each of the above varieties to offer this summer.
To complete the daffodil collection, we have the second and LAST of Brian’s new GREAT TRY, with the eye-popping orange corona which will increase the range of colours for exhibitors of miniature daffodils.
That should keep the Daffanatics happy – but we also have an exclusive and tempting selection for Galanthophiles.
From our Myths and Legends series, DRYAD VENUS has curvaceous, shapely flowers with a flirty frill around the outer segments on mature flowers. The mark on the outer segments is shaped like an inverted heart with an inner segment mark of a deeper green 'X' or kiss. With such a ravishing, sensuous shape and markings the only fitting name was Venus, as the Goddess of Love and Beauty. It is a mid-height snowdrop growing to about 20cm high under glass, probably shorter in the open. To add to all this, not only is it scented, but it carries yellow genes having Wendy's Gold and Corrin as parents, so will be useful in breeding programmes for yellow poculiforms. It has already produced some beautiful seedlings when pollinated by our Dryad Gold group snowdrops as pollen parents.
In VENUS’ retinue are three from that renowned family of yellows – the DRYAD GOLD group. Tonight’s trio are:
DRYAD GOLD INGOT – our most-requested variety, Ingot is a perky little snowdrop with shapely rounded flowers displaying well above short foliage at flowering time. Its striking colouring – a yellow ovary and green inner segment mark makes it, in effect, a reverse 'Blonde Inge'. The olive green inner mark often bleeds into a yellow zone towards the base.
DRYAD GOLD SCEPTRE, one of the newest, and with some of the largest flowers -
and DRYAD GOLD MEDAL, mid-season with full, rounded flowers.
From Hagen Engelmann in Germany, comes rarely offered SCHORBUSER IRRLICHT - a colour-change G. plicatus cultivar (the name means Will o' the Wisp), the flower opening with green markings which change to yellow over the first few days. Read about this variety here: http://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/logdir/2015Feb261424987169IRG62.pdf
Lastly, from Anglesey Abbey gardens, ANGLESEY CANDLELIGHT brings a warm peachy glow to its inner segments.
As usual, find the listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

GOOD LUCK!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 12:52:36 PM »
Because of a slight hitch with our current listings, which meant I had to relist most of the narcissi, only the snowdrops and Narcissus Deryn finish tonight, with the remainder of the narcissi following on tomorrow. I apologise for any problems this might have caused.
So - tonight’s sole daffodil, our own DERYN, finishes tonight, opening a beautiful clear bicolour with flowers just the right size for its 14cm height. Only one to offer as we increase our stocks.
For snowdrop enthusiasts, our stunning inverse poculiform, DRYAD VENUS, from our MYTHS and LEGENDS series has to be the star, with its voluptuous flowers and neat habit. She also offers extra value if you use her for breeding yellow inverse poculiforms, as she carries yellow genes from Wendy’s Gold, her seed parent. Back-cross with another yellow and cross your fingers! The bulbs are large and increase quickly.
Our DRYAD GOLD choices for this session are our popular little DRYAD GOLD INGOT, with the olive-green inner mark and compact habit, accompanied by its big sisters DRYAD GOLD MEDAL, with rounded flowers, and DRYAD GOLD SCEPTRE which has some of the largest flowers in the group. All double-nosed and with the group’s characteristic vigour.
SCHORBUSER IRRLICHT, with its colour-changing green to yellow inners, and ANGLESEY CANDLELIGHT with a subtle peachy glow on inner segments complete the line-up for tonight.
Find them all here:

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2021, 08:37:25 AM »
Tonight’s EBAY listings from Dryad Nursery:
The daffodils make it to the finishing line after a false start! First off the starting block is slimline MALINKY with the long corona and starburst perianth.
Following close behind, it’s LITTLE DRYAD (odds-on favourite here) with the creamy white swept-back flowers on upright stems.
ANGEL’S FLIGHT is next, its elegant, elongated flowers putting it ahead by a nose.
GREAT TRY has no chance of sneaking through unnoticed with its eye-catching flame-coloured corona, but in a race to the finish, the two smallest competitors SWIFTLET and PET LAMB may take the prize. These two little daffodils may be small but each is a perfect example of its section in miniature:
PET LAMB with its impeccable Duncan pedigree and classic trumpet form doesn’t come along very often, so now is a rare chance to add this winner to your stable.
Streamlined SWIFTLET is our new baby, its diamond-dusted sparkle and ice-cool colour making an entrance this year for the first time.
LAST CHANCE this year to add these remarkable varieties to your collection!
Find them here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Please remember, we can only post to England, Scotland or Wales. Daffodils can also be sent to the USA (with phytosanitary charges)

GOOD LUCK!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2021, 08:11:17 PM »
Tonight’s EBAY menu includes a collection of snowdrop aristocrats, and our LAST narcissus specialities for this year.

To start with the daffodils, we have five exclusive miniatures from Brian Duncan and Anne Wright. The Duncan choices are:
The multi-award winning SLEEK is holder of a First Class Certificate from the Royal Horticultural Society. This little beauty is a stunning miniature cyclamineus hybrid, with a pure white perianth, and creamy lemon frilled and fringed corona. Growing to only 10-12 cm high, with short, upright foliage, it makes a superb pot plant.
It is classified for exhibition as 6W-Y.
WEE NOD is a very lovely and refined cyclamineus hybrid. Its shyly nodding flowers have a reflexed white perianth, and long, fluted corona which opens lemon yellow and matures to white. It flowers at only 15 cm high, and makes a wonderful pot plant, but should be hardy outside. Of excellent show form, it has been part of RHS Blanchard Trophy groups 3 years running, and is one of Brian's favourites.
WINNING TRY, whose name is a nod to Brian’s love of rugby, was bred from Maria x triandrus concolor, and is classified as 5 Y-O. It is a superb triandrus hybrid with very good exhibition form and strong orange corona contrasting with the reflexed golden perianth.
Dryad Nursery are proud to introduce two of our NEW varieties, offered here for the first time on EBAY. GRACIE, as her name suggests, has a graceful habit and flowers that open with elegant, elongated white perianth segments and a long lemon corona. As the flower matures, the corona becomes white, with a lemon-yellow rim and base, with the yellow reflected as a narrow halo at the base of the perianth. This makes her classification 1W-YWY for exhibition
PUPINA bred from N. rupicola x Candlepower, is an appealing 2 W-Y. The tiny, scented flowers only 2.5cm wide on 18cm stems, make probably the most appealing bouquet ever. The rounded white perianth segments have mucronate tips, and the cup-shaped corona is pale lemon, with a gently flared rim. As a little reminder of its personality, it will sometimes have extra perianth segments, so count up before exhibiting!

The snowdrop contribution this session includes a great spread of our renowned DRYAD GOLDS:

DRYAD GOLD BULLION is a neat-growing, fast increasing favourite, while its sibling DRYAD GOLD NUGGET has more cup-shaped flowers with a contrasting chartreuse inner segment mark. DRYAD GOLD CHARM is the one with the very long buds opening on short stems which give it a very distinct appearance. Its large bulbs are in contrast to the smaller ones of BULLION and NUGGET. DRYAD GOLD STANDARD, one of our newest, also has large bulbs which match its imposing large flowers whose outer segments often gently ‘quill’ at the apices as the flower matures. All four DRYAD GOLDS share the same vigour and come as double-nosed bulbs to give you a head start on that eye-catching clump.

Also on offer are two inverse poculiforms from the Dryad MYTHS AND LEGENDS series.
DRYAD JUPITER demands to be noticed with its regal bearing and heavily textured outer segments with its signature deep green ‘crown’.
DRYAD ECHO is easily recognised by a mysterious pale ‘echo’ spot above the dark green mark on the outers, and a corresponding pale mirroring of the dark inverted V on the inners. It is honey-scented, vigorous and increases well here.

Our final snowdrop for this session is Hagen Engelmann’s DAS GELBE VOM EI, resembling a more sturdy ‘Blonde Inge’ with the egg-yolk yellow inner mark contrasting strongly with the emerald green ovary as soon as the flower opens – it is not a ‘colour-change’ variety.

Find them all here:

GOOD LUCK!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal