We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Hepatica 2021  (Read 36037 times)

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
Re: Hepatica 2021
« Reply #660 on: September 19, 2021, 09:07:36 PM »
Ashley and Maggi: what I was trying to say was that not that many people in the forum have an inclination of the heart, if I can call it like this, for Hepatica.

At least, not in the same amount like for other groups of plants, like: various bulbs and Galanthus to mention just two of them. Of course that many people, including not from the forum, are clicking on this thread and maybe find things to learn which is a good thing.

It was an observation and I stand by it, please don't 'shoot the messenger'. Even in the spring we can count on ten fingers the people posting here. It is fine with me, I don't understand the reaction actually.
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

Leena

Re: Hepatica 2021
« Reply #661 on: September 20, 2021, 09:52:15 AM »
Hepatica threads are so informative, I read them many times over and over:). And admire the pictures when waiting for the new  flowers and spring.
I think actually Hepaticas flower quite long in the spring, comparing for instance with some peonies which may flower only a few days. Hepaticas may flower a few weeks if the weather stays cool.
I'm so happy that I have been able to grow them from seeds and also for all the plants I have got from somewhere else.

Also here Hepatica buds are swelling, some more than others, and always in the autumn I fear that winter will be too cold for them (especially H.japonicas) when they are so exposed above ground, but so far all have survived. I guess it is more the too much wet that is more damaging them than cold.

Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal