General Subjects > Blogs and Diaries

Moods and Walks- Ponderings and Meanderings in Alberta

<< < (29/29)

Robert:
Cohan,

I enjoyed the climatic report from your region. It is all very interesting.

cohan:
Thanks, Robert-- always interesting to know what is going on in other places! WE had a warm-up for a couple of days, then back to cold-- days in the -20sC this week again, with some nights below -30 to near -40. Looks like next Sunday we will get a more significant, lasting warm-up-- we are used to cold weather, but here near the foothills, we expect ups and downs, not ever staying either up or down...lol mostly below average to well below since early Dec is a long spell for us...
I'm looking forward to the warmer weather to get ahead on wood cutting...lol

On the way to work, December 31

cohan:
After  a cold Dec, Jan was mostly warm, and apart from several cold days last week, Feb is continuing above to well above avg up to 10C or more some days;  expecting a cool down next week, but only to something nearer average- a few degrees below freezing daytime.

I enjoy the sunset views over the winter-- I can see it across the neighbours' property-- in summer sunset is too late, and I have surrendered outdoors to mosquitoes by that hour, also, as it moves north, I can no longer see it-- it is blocked by woodland on the farm. Some of the whiteness of these views from the beginning of the month is already diminished, but the snow will not be completely gone anytime soon.
Other views at other times of day in the bush on the farm, where I am out cutting firewood (harvesting deadwood) on my days off, all winter!

Robert:
Cohan,

Fantastic photographs!  8)

I especially like the scene with the Rocky Mountains in the background.

Thank you for sharing the photogrpahs.

Stay warm, it looks cold.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version