General Subjects > Blogs and Diaries

What's happy or unhappy in my garden?

(1/5) > >>

WSGR:
21 March 2020 - a very cold spring so far.

My first tulip 2020

My first erythronium - please give it a name! I'm hopeless with labelling!

Camellia - could be Williamsii E G Woodhouse

The seller labelled all these as Campbell!

Helleborus Tutu but with a pink nectary

A rufflied spotted white tutu?

WSGR:
Glorious day here yesterday and some new and old plants said hello

Primula Auricula! When the seedlings appeared, they were most pathetic - no root and I wonder how they could survive. Survived they did, but it's a constant battle with slugs damaging their flowers! Rare perfect bloom!

Hepatica

Magnolia Denudata

A new camellia to me

WSGR:
Glorious day we had yesterday and glad that even north of the country reported warm sunshine!

Hepatica acutiloba

Pink version

Erythronium - They are so slow! I'm aching with impatience!

Fritillaria Imperialis Rubra

Fritillaria Imperialis Lutea

brianw:
The local Muntjac must be very happy. They have eaten all the Erythronium Pagoda I had round the apple tree. Still have several dozen round the Quince tree which I protected. They now have a fence too so may see a good display in a week or so. Annoyingly; they just eat the buds and leave the, leaves. Fenced the cutting tulips as soon as they came into leaf so still have them to enjoy.

WSGR:
Commiseration for you, Brianw. Very annoying when you wait for one WHOLE year only to see the buds snapped by critters. I poured tons of coffee grounds around my Fritillaria Imperialis crowns and they seem to be doing fine despite coffee grounds looking messy around the leaves. Perhaps, some pepper dusting next year!

Have made 3 raised bed, all sown with salad leaves, kale, rocket - Digging for England - something to distract me from the painful wait for my erythronium to unfurl its petals.

Fritillaria Imperialis Rubra - bought and sowed 3 - only 2 appeared for this colour. My upskirting skill is getting very devious! Captured such a lot of details despite using a cheap camera underneath the crown!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version