We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Where I live, from the moon!...  (Read 17695 times)

Alpinejan

Re: Where I live, from the moon!...
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2007, 06:30:36 PM »
Oeps KentGardener, thought so storm makes the difference, now again Holland07, jan

John Forrest

• Blackpool Bird Man
  • Blackpool Lancashire Northwest UK
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2007, 06:25:57 PM »
Here is the eye in the sky's view of my patch. The first one shows 'Forrest Acres' (delusions of adequacy). The plot is long and narrow, which makes it difficult to set out but I am more interested in individual plants than the garden layout.

Second shows how very convenient it is for me to stroll across top the Blackpool Show, a 1 minute shuffle at most.

Lastly showing the beautiful Stanley Park where I often got to look at and Photograph the birds (feathered kind if Mrs F. is reading this)
Blackpool Lancashire Northwest UK

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2007, 06:36:49 PM »
Jan,
It is amazing how close to England you are situated. It is something I had not visualised previously.

John,
Forrest Acres looks very well and very well situated for you.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

t00lie

• Style Icon
  • If i'm not at home i'll be in the mountains.
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2007, 03:45:14 AM »
A few property shots from the other end of the earth.

The first gives an idea of where my home town of Invercargill ,(pop. near enough to 50,000), is in NZ.

Otatara is a suburb some 4 kms west towards the coast.

Our 1.5 acre property backs on to the larger Otatara evergreen bush reserve.This provides for a microclimate  8) with frosts reaching a max. -3c .

Despite conditions being ideal for cultivating Rhodos ,Trilliums etc i persevere with growing alpines, ::) That explains why some sun loving gems elongate. :'(

Cheers Dave.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 03:50:46 AM by t00lie »
Dave Toole. Invercargill bottom of the South Island New Zealand. Zone 9 maritime climate 1100mm rainfall pa.

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2007, 09:08:18 AM »
Jan, I think you have at least three close forum-neighbours.  Looking at your map Norwich is as close as Kent and there are two active forumists here!

Alpinejan

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2007, 12:09:36 AM »
My goodness, Paddy / Tony / John....
If Johns ancestors didn't foolishly put up obstructions like British customs + North sea, I would be there in 100 minutes to start the salvage operation on his greenhouse.
My Guardian accuses me of being too involved in agricultural relations, ( In Dutch; Wife is something between wench and prostitute, so take care! ) You better say "echtgenote" , which means "female enjoying the state of  holy matrimony". The more I get involved with you lot the more I need a dictionary!?! Apart from passing Heathrow airfield to Nepal or so, I didn't visit ''the UK", guess you didn't advertise your positives enough. Moreover the missis lost a Renault in your irratic and leftish ( is that right?) Traffic, so that comes to a nasty addition.
Of course I am interested in my neighbours, I must cross the "wide and deep' even as far as Ireland I am afraid.  Tony I think I did all I could to make myself very unpopular on the Forum, I am afraid I'll never meet the extremely east-living 4-ummers you are trying to introduce, yes I am hopeless...
Lonely me and the mistress greeting you , jan
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:22:07 PM by Maggi Young »

KentGardener

• SRGC OOAgent
  • Every day's a school day
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2007, 12:31:40 AM »
Hi Jan

thank you for the coastal picture.  Like Paddy, I too did not realise just how close you are to us.  :)

regards

John
John

John passed away in 2017 - his posts remain here in tribute to his friendship and contribution to the forum.

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2007, 12:49:02 AM »
Hi Jan,

Judging by the number of your fellow countrymen who have already come to live in Ireland I can only imagine that you would feel very comfortable and welcome here.

Paddy
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:22:37 PM by Maggi Young »
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Alpinejan

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2007, 01:07:03 AM »
Right you are Paddy, Don,t be misstaken we have no hard feelings about the past,wish my english could be is good as my german . My main source of alpines is in Germany -Chemnitz ,there I buy nice Dionysia's .
It' s the nursey with the hex. pots ,there I bought as  clearing of his airy tunnels very nice stuff for 1,5 euro, if you join me on the way to the conference in the Chech . Rep. we can pass the Sheakespearestr. were he lives. Hope I didn't shock the islanders jan
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 01:18:33 AM by Alpinejan »

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »
Taking up un old thread
Here is where I plant in Hungary.
It is three lots one of the a double and that is the one with the big house, my parents.
The one marked is mine and above the one marked is also mine.
What one sees to the left (west) is a park/forrest and also to the east is a forrest. The road goes on the top of the ridge in north-south direction and we have the west slope. At the top are the houses and below wine (brown so I presume in spring ) and then grass and fruit trees. We also have a part east of the road.

I hope you can see the picture.
Kind regards
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal