We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: New plant passport regulations  (Read 10040 times)

Growild

• Growild Nursery
Re: New plant passport regulations
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 11:52:56 AM »
Just to inform nurseries in Scotland who maybe worrying about passport fees. The flat rate for Scotland is £87.73 for the year (this includes inspection). Inspection is a flexible period starting from spring and varies for different crops.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 05:05:43 PM »
This may be  of  interest :
https://www.nfuonline.com/sectors/horticulture-and-potatoes/horticulture-and-potatoes-news/defra-confirms-it-will-take-a-pragmatic-stepped-approach-to-the-new-plant-health-regulation/

"This confirmation follows combined action from across industry, including the NFU who worked alongside other stakeholders to highlight grower concerns about the new Regulation and its implementation. Alongside this pragmatic approach, the NFU also secured confirmation from Defra that a Plant Passport could list multiple different species on it, and can be attached to a trolley of a mix of species, even when those species are in separate pots or other units (e.g. trays or boxes), in cases where that trolley is going directly to retail and traceability is maintained for all the plants and plant products on that trolley. "
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 06:18:51 PM »
Thanks, Maggi. That was the advice I got (although not as clearly put). So I just need a passport for each parcel of bulb/plants I send out. Not exactly clear what we need to put on the actual passport label in those circumstances. Part A is supposed to give the plant species. Are we supposed to list the different species?
On this document https://www.gov.uk/guidance/issuing-plant-passports-to-trade-plants-in-the-eu#attachment-of-the-plant-passport, this bit of the 'advice' is confusing, I think:

Multiple plant species can be listed on a single plant passport as long as traceability is provided for all regulated plants or plant products listed on the plant passport.

If there is a mix of plants on a trolley, then the passport may only be attached to the trolley if it is going directly to retail. The passport must be attached to the trolley itself, and cannot travel separately with a driver. Plants or plant products on the trolley can have a passport attached to that trolley at any stage of the supply chain if they are:

homogenous in composition (of the same species and in the same format) and origin

heading to the same destination

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 06:21:05 PM by annew »
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
    • The Hardy Orchid Society
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 09:40:05 PM »
Just received this email from planthealth.info@apha.gov.uk

"Thank You. Your application has been received by PHSI. Your unique application reference is xxxxxx/xxxxxx. Please quote this number when referring to this application.

This is your first application to issue plant passports. Consequently you need to contact your local inspector prior to marketing/moving any plants that require a passport and arrange any necessary inspections.

When you are authorised, it is not transferable without written authority from APHA. It replaces all previous authorities granted to the registered company or person to whom it is addressed. Any authority issued may be revoked or amended at any time, and is at all times subject to the restrictions or prohibitions contained in any statutory notice then in force on your premises.

You are currently not authorised to issue Plant Passport(s). Please contact your local inspector.

You have no authorisations to issue protected zone plant passports.

If you have any questions concerning this renewal notice, please contact your local inspector"

So I am now not authorised to issue them  >:(

Interested in Hardy Orchids then join The Hardy Orchid Society
Wanted Hardy Orchid Seed please pm me if you have some that you can spare
Sussex, England, UK Zone 9a

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2020, 10:43:58 PM »
Hi Neil,
I got the same one last week. I contacted my APHA person and he replied:
Apologies for this email. It is automatically generated when the applications are put on the system which is something our Admin teams have now started. It is based on the old plant passporting system and work is going on to remove/amend it.
He also said: In the last few weeks there have been some developments regarding hobbyist clients that won’t need to passport
Don't know how that will affect us. I'll update as soon as I have any news.

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2020, 05:12:33 PM »
Okay brilliant, mines not answering his phone.

Thanks

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Yann

• Journal Access Group
  • Growing and collecting plants since i was young
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 10:40:10 AM »
Administration, always administration they kill business everywhere.

Does ebay sellers care about passport....hum hum
North of France

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 05:52:35 PM »
Just been told that selling on eBay even one plant you need to be registered.  When I questioned him about eBay sellers and what they are going to do about it.  He said do I want arrange an inspection I kept pushing about it but no joy.

Yann

• Journal Access Group
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2020, 02:17:01 PM »
It's impossible to control and many nurseries from all the world's corners will continue to sell without any passport or it'll sign their death.

PPE is only need when you sell plants by mail and ship to a protected zone. eg buxus shipped from NL to IT, as buxus are almost 90% destroyed there by Cydalima. I've read the whole EEC document and many samples are well explained.
But selling an Allium bulb from NL to IT doesn't need any passport, except the old one for wholesale trades.

Only seeds that are under a patent or under certification process will need this passport but if you ship a packet of papaver seeds to a friend you don't need the passport.

There're many confusions around this new passport, i think peoples need to read carefully the whole document.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32019R2072&from=EN

Try to find an Androsace or any saxifraga in this document, nothing, so you still can ship these plants without PP.
The nurseries that already own the old PP don't need to renew it until 14 December 2023.
The new registered ones need to have their certificated number on any support, even a 4x4x6 pot, it can be on the thermo label.

A government control may be done once every 2 years.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 02:26:17 PM by Yann »
North of France

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 04:52:03 PM »
Yann

ANNEX XIII
List of plants, plant products and other objects for which a plant passport is required for movement within the
Union territory
1. All plants for planting, other than seeds.

Does not need to name species when this is included.

Yann

• Journal Access Group
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2020, 07:55:35 AM »
Yes off course, that's not new. I was talking about PPE, UK nurseries selling to EU are concerned by it.
PPE (export) will replace the old CITES forms. In fact all plants concerned by potential quarantine.

Otherwise plants trade withing EU need to be labelled and travel with a list. Exception for trays and trolleys even mixed that only need to be referenced and travel with a list (paper or electronic), in this case the smallest unit is the trolley.

At work we transport plants for many garden centers and nurseries all around EU and nothing really change.
We transmit to customs the plants list loaded in the trucks. We've only one customer that sticks labels on tray (done by robot), the others only tag the trolleys.
We also transport palets of parcels filled with plants from the number one mailbox seller of France. Each pot has a label with EU flag, the registered seller number, the latin name, internal ref. In each parcel the invoice with the reference list, that's all. It changes nothing for them, they do the same for 27 years.
The pallets are then delivered to the Post warehouse and shipped in Europe.

Since december 2019 zero control.
North of France

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2020, 06:51:23 PM »
Yann it all depends on what deal is reached, not hopeful myself that there will be a deal, and as I only sell orchids, I can't see the UK staying in the EU CITES group as it has already been stated by the UK government that they want a UK voice on all these of things.  I sell more orchids to the EU than the UK, so I am already resigned to the fact I am going to have a much smaller market.

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 02:31:46 PM »
A further snippet of info:
Another nurseryman told me that parcels sent with the passport on the outside of the parcel were returned to him, and he was advised to put it inside the box. I asked my local people and they confirmed that it should go INSIDE the parcel.

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal