General Subjects > General Forum

New plant passport regulations

<< < (2/6) > >>

annew:
I wish it were, that was probably the original intention, but we fall under:
whole plants or living parts of plants (cuttings etc.) that are not planted and
the intention is for them to be planted

arisaema:
This is a horrible regulation, I've tried reading it - and the original text is way worse than it seems most people had expected. It'll be the death of every seed collector business; it'll kill of most small, independent nurseries; and of course most seed exchanges. I fear for the future of the plant societies dependent on international members as the only easy country left to ship seeds into is Canada, with Norway and New Zealand being second and third.  :'(

arisaema:

--- Quote from: annew on December 18, 2019, 05:10:39 PM ---As a small mail order nursery owner ( both the nursery and myself are petite) this could be a game changer. Along with the possible complication of CITES certificates being needed in the future for some exports to the EU,
the future of our business looks rather uncertain.

--- End quote ---

The UK phytosanitary inspection fees are already prohibitively expensive, even without CITES - and with Brexit happening (which I had hoped would mean the UK would ignore the latest regulations) I suspect it'll be better to finish any sales to the EU while you're still able to.

Paul Cumbleton:
As far as I can see, these new regulations only apply to professionals (i.e.businesses) so should not really affect our seed exchanges. But it is a burdensome thing for nurseries etc. The Horticultural Trades Association have what I thought was quite a helpful short video explaining the new regulations and what businesses need to do - it can be viewed here:

https://hta.org.uk/assurance-compliance/plant-passporting.html

Paul

Graeme:

--- Quote from: Paul Cumbleton on December 19, 2019, 06:32:02 PM ---As far as I can see, these new regulations only apply to professionals (i.e.businesses) so should not really affect our seed exchanges. But it is a burdensome thing for nurseries etc. The Horticultural Trades Association have what I thought was quite a helpful short video explaining the new regulations and what businesses need to do - it can be viewed here:

https://hta.org.uk/assurance-compliance/plant-passporting.html

Paul

--- End quote ---
the important words there are "in the event of leaving the EU with a deal" so that has not yet happened

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version