We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Rareplants.co.uk website  (Read 1455 times)

Erika

Rareplants.co.uk website
« on: October 11, 2018, 01:46:03 PM »
I’ve been trying to access the rare plants Nurseries website I’m the UK and always receive an error stating ‘ your access to this site has been limited’ Does anyone else receive this message? I’ve tried from different computers using IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome. I’d like to see product available. Thanks, Erika

Matt T

• Nuts about Narcissus
Re: Rareplants.co.uk website
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:16:00 PM »
Hi Erika, I use Chrome on a Mac and https://www.rareplants.co.uk/ works ok for me.
Matt Topsfield
Isle of Benbecula, Western Isles where it is mild, windy and wet! Zone 9b

"There is no mistake too dumb for us to make"

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 02:30:37 PM »
No problem for me using Chrome on a PC running Windows 7.  Are all the different computers you have tried connected to the same router (and therefore sharing the same internet IP address)?
Almost in Scotland.

Erika

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 07:27:42 PM »
I believe the problem is that I’m in Canada. I think it’s blocking me based on that.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 08:08:57 PM »
I believe the problem is that I’m in Canada. I think it’s blocking me based on that.
I note that the site states that  the firm cannot export to Canada - so perhaps that is the reason for blocking?

"Exports NO
Canada, China, Iceland, New Zealand, Russia, South Korea, Taiwan, Ukraine

We are sorry but we cannot export to you either due to local import regulations or plant health requirements."
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Graeme

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 09:26:51 PM »

Just use an IP region changer and choose a European country - you can at least look :)
"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

Christian G.

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 09:32:20 PM »
Hello!

Can someone from UK please contact Rareplants and tell them they are geoblocking Austria for some months now?
I am sure they don't even know what they are doing, their Wordfence blocking policy has always been a bit - eccentric, but now it's outright crazy.

I am still waiting for an order from them and I can neither access their website nor do they reply to emails. >:(

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal