We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: AGS SOUTH WEST SHOW-SATURDAY 30 APRIL 2016  (Read 11740 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: AGS SOUTH WEST SHOW-SATURDAY 30 APRIL 2016
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »
A final thought for next year, don't even think about moving the Show to the middle of nowhere if only from the point of view of many those who work for it let alone of those who want to show their plants. Let's face it Devon is full of nowhere's Exeter is at least central(ish) for many.

Well, from what I've heard on the 'grapevine' the South West Show in 2017 will be held in the middle of nowhere, RHS Rosemoor. I forget the date but it will be moved to it's previous slot at the end of March(ish). My rough calculation is that anyone travelling from the North will need at least 45 minutes travelling time longer than would be needed to Exeter (given the absence of every tractor in Creation!), and similarly for anyone travelling from the East. For the car load who usually travelled with me from South Devon to work at the Show the prospect of leaving home before 6am to get to the Show around 7.30am is very doubtful.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Graeme

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2016, 07:54:44 PM »
Well, from what I've heard on the 'grapevine' the South West Show in 2017 will be held in the middle of nowhere, RHS Rosemoor. I forget the date but it will be moved to it's previous slot at the end of March(ish). My rough calculation is that anyone travelling from the North will need at least 45 minutes travelling time longer than would be needed to Exeter (given the absence of every tractor in Creation!), and similarly for anyone travelling from the East. For the car load who usually travelled with me from South Devon to work at the Show the prospect of leaving home before 6am to get to the Show around 7.30am is very doubtful.
Will it also be a case of only RHS members being welcome?
"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2016, 08:44:39 PM »
Will it also be a case of only RHS members being welcome?

Wouldn't have thought so Graeme, that would be like the AGS cutting off it's nose to spite it's face.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2016, 10:30:18 PM »

It's actually to be held on Saturday 1st. Of April 2017. A highly appropriate date really asi it is also the first day of the Cornwall Spring Flower Show, perhaps the largest show event in these parts!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal