We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Help with seed/bulb sources in Norway and Australia  (Read 3206 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Help with seed/bulb sources in Norway and Australia
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:16:55 PM »
 Queries have arrived from  :
Norway ....... for source of seed  or  plants of Corydalis   'Craigton Blue'  - we know that this plant is available to buy as far away as Virginia USA and Russia, with several sources in Sweden- but can anyone name a source for the plant in Norway?     

also from  Australia  ......about a source of seeds for  Fritillaria imperialis colour forms. Can anyone suggest a seed source for this - or even a bulb seller carrying these in Australia?
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

rob krejzl

• One-Eyed About Plants
Re: Help with seed/bulb sources in Norway and Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:44:31 PM »
Don't know of a regular supplier of either seed or bulbs in Oz, but some of the smaller nurseries do have bulbs from time to time. My experience is limited to people who'll sell to Tassie, but I'd suggest trying someone like Sally Johansson & asking about what's off-list. Otherwise, cultivate a wide network of friends!

Now back to watching the Giro & Evans.....
Southern Tasmania

USDA Zone 8/9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:29:21 AM »
I have been given some yellow form seed of Frit. imperialis, this year's, so if you send me a PM with address I'll send it off, probably in a week or so, or maybe this weekend if I can get to it in time.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:35:56 AM »
That's fantastic , Lesley -  I'll need to get the lady's address, so it will probably have to wait till you get back from making eyes at Andrew!

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »
Don't know of a regular supplier of either seed or bulbs in Oz, but some of the smaller nurseries do have bulbs from time to time. My experience is limited to people who'll sell to Tassie, but I'd suggest trying someone like Sally Johansson & asking about what's off-list. Otherwise, cultivate a wide network of friends!

Now back to watching the Giro & Evans.....

We're watching too, Rob - great race , though an awful lot of crashes. ....can you spare a moment to give the contact details of Sally Johansson?

Maritfri

• Rantenhagen
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 06:43:09 PM »
Hi Maggi!
Last year the plant could be bought on this website http://www.mjalandgard.no/nettbutikk, but this year they have not had it for sale. I have looked at the list of other small plant nurcery but I have not found it for sale.

I was a little uncertain. Do I have this in my garden? I have a Corydalis unnamed but probably bought Sweden. Maybe of Peter Korn or by Gerben Tjeerdsma?

I can continue to look for it :)

Regards,
Marit

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »
Thank you Marit.  :)

Both Peter and Gerben may have 'Craigton Blue' - I'm not sure - but they both have a good range of other Corydalis too - we have several here and most of them have no names, I believe.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal