We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Slugs and ways to get rid of them.  (Read 5045 times)

Katherine J

• Lurking and learning
    • Flowers from the Alps
Re: Slugs and ways to get rid of them.
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 09:55:03 AM »
And here in Hungary too. I remember a few years ago we walked after rain on Margitsziget, which is the biggest park of Budapest (an isle on the Danube) and the walkways beneath the trees were full of millions of big (10-15 cm) disgusting slugs. There was almost no free space, I will never forget it.
Kata Jozsa - Budapest, Hungary
Zone 6

http://gardenonbalcony.blogspot.com

SueG

Re: Slugs and ways to get rid of them.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 10:53:31 AM »
And here in Hungary too. I remember a few years ago we walked after rain on Margitsziget, which is the biggest park of Budapest (an isle on the Danube) and the walkways beneath the trees were full of millions of big (10-15 cm) disgusting slugs. There was almost no free space, I will never forget it.
Kathrine, this is not a good picture at all :o

A bit of further information from Gordon - "the problems in Sweden are apparently caused by the Spanish Slug (as it was first identified in Spain / Portugal, but it is widespread and is found in the UK too; however, a "strain" has recently appeared that is much more of a problem in gardens and houses (wish we had it here)".

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm glad it's not here and don't want it at all.

Sue
Sue Gill, Northumberland, UK

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal