We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Reports from the 2nd International Czech Rock Garden Conference and Garden visits  (Read 61811 times)

Peter Maguire

• Camera-toting Gadabout - and new Grandad!
  I stood my  ground as long as I could = but 4 days is as much as I can bear without  checking in.

I thought you held out very well Maggi, Fermi caved in at the first opportunity! ;D

Just make sure that they promise to hold another conference over there sometime. Maybe I'll have the spare time to attend the next one.  :P
Peter Maguire
Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.

"I've killed so many plants. I walked into a nursery once and my face was on a wanted poster." - Rita Rudner

http://www.pmfoto.co.uk/

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
I'll go as well Peter maybe there would be time to look at my teeth :P ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Peter Maguire

• Camera-toting Gadabout - and new Grandad!
If I had time to go, then that would because I had retired (3 years, 4 days and counting!) - I would be far too busy having fun to look at teeth.  ;D
Peter Maguire
Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.

"I've killed so many plants. I walked into a nursery once and my face was on a wanted poster." - Rita Rudner

http://www.pmfoto.co.uk/

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
The second day finished with participants very satisfied with a well thought out and fully entertaining program. Vojtech Holubec took us to Tibet - a flowering Paradise - but not always as you'd expect it. Peter Korn showed us that when you are a Viking you don't need an excavating machine to move a mountain! But even a Viking can't control the climate and a summer of continuous rain doesn't suit a lot of plants from the desert regions - but it can be good for some alpines!
Dieter Zschummel then took us hiking in Iran in search of Dionysia and finding them and much more!
A marvelous workshop on how to plant up a trough Czech style and we won't mention the sales!
We were treated to more light hearted entertainment in the evening with the Marika singers putting on a splendid performance with most songs in English and very nostalgic for those of us over forty! A huge feast of Czech catering awaited us and then the leaders took us for a tour of their city through the eyes of a tiurist's snapshots. Finished the night with Maggi auctioning off some rarities from a couple of Scottish gardens - did someone mention a yellow snowdrop?
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

ichristie

• Former President
Hello all, we have just come home from the Prague conference which was superb such a great bunch of people who organised it and we enjoyed meeting up with friends old and new from around the world. I have limited time just now so am going to post some pictures, I am sure many more will come later. Most important is to say a huge thank you to all the team who organised the event we will remember it for a long time,  cheers Ian the Christie kind.
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
Next lot
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
Next
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
More
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
even more, I have a hundred p[ictures but will not post all Ian
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
Last few for now will post more plant pictures from Jiri Papouseks garden and the show in Prague, Ian I am getting problems with posting more pictures will come back later, Ian.
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
Hi again hope this works, Ian
from Kirriemuir

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Excellent images, Ian ... can't wait for more ... please.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
Super pictures Ian, and what beautiful looking food...
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Looks as though Angie found something she liked :P

Thanks for posting Ian, looking forward to more.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

astragalus

Beautiful food presentation.  Can't wait to see the plants and especially pictures of Jiri's garden.
Steep, rocky and cold in the
Hudson River Valley in New York State

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal