We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Reports from the 2nd International Czech Rock Garden Conference and Garden visits  (Read 61816 times)

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
We've arrived in Prague!
Will head to Tabor on Tuesday with a mini-van of other Aussies and Kiwis!
I've brought some seeds of South African bulbs and some Calostemma purpureum for anyone who'd like them. First in first served.
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
Best wishes everyone.  We look forward to hearing about it.
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Corrado & Rina

Dear lucky people at the conference .... are you thinking of keeping a diary to keep us up to date? Of course, it would be nice if you could fill the diary with pictures ....
Corrado & Rina

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
Hope you are all having a fantastic time, I am sure you won't have time to fill us in until your return, but it would be nice!
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
 Those who stayed behind wish you all the fun in the world and look forward to hear how you're getting on !  ;D
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Bet they'll all be in a bar somewhere? I would have been ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Just back from the beautiful Peloponnese, so couldn't take in this exciting conference ... have a wonderful time folks.  Enjoy!!!!!
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
Hope you are all having a fantastic time. The memories will last a lifetime.
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
The conference is going well!
Maggi led the last session last night which focused on the Scottish connection and finished with a wee dram and shortbread. It also led to much discussion and social interaction which continued into the night.
There have been magnificent pics and talks. Martin Sheader's was "Flowers of Patagonia" which was shameless promotion for the upcoming book of the same name which I am sure most people here will be ordering once the AGS put out the pre-publication offer! Cliff, sorry to say, though the cover of the book (which was the title page of the talk) featured Ranunculus semiverticillata, it didn't enter into the discussion!
However the images of buttercups and relatives would have had you drooling during Vladimir Epiktetov's talk about Kazakhstan.
Ian Young was as always entertaining and engaging as he discussed bulbs and did a live demonstration of chitting and twin-scaling.
Jiri Alpine Parrot Papousek had all of us swooning with discussion on growing Daphnes in crevice gardens - the Antipodeans especially as we won't be able to buy any from the sales!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Sounds 'unmissable' to those of us who are missing it, Fermi.  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :'(
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
Glad you are enjoying yourselves Fermi, such a shame about the Daphnes, but the whisky must have made up for it ;D

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
 :) I stood my  ground as long as I could = but 4 days is as much as I can bear without  checking in.
This is a wonderful city and the whole event is going very well . Great time being had by all ..... wish you were here ;D
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
:) I stood my  ground as long as I could = but 4 days is as much as I can bear without  checking in.
This is a wonderful city and the whole event is going very well . Great time being had by all ..... wish you were here ;D

Tee hee :D  I am sure we all share your last wish ;)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
I thought she'd forgotten us :( :'(
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal