We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Next
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: October 2021 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by Leena on October 25, 2021, 06:12:43 PM »
Last week we had several nights below zero, but the lowest was only -4C, so it was not so bad. This week it is warmer (+5-+10C) with rain and clouds,
but still nice when it isn't winter yet:).
Athyrium 'Ghost' picture is from earlier in October, now cold nights "killed" it for the winter.
Crocus speciosus 'Conqueror' has increased nicely.
White spotted double Helleborus (sown from seed ex seeds) flowers out of season, the same plant did it also last autumn.
Epimedium 'Buckland Spider' has always nice autumn colour.
The last picture is of a new raised bed I made last week for my Hepatica seedlings:), or some of them. There isn't enough room for all when they are big, but for now I have there some potfuls of seedlings germinated last spring:).
The RHS Joint Rock Committee met at the recent AGS show, held at RHS Hyde Hall.

RHS Joint Rock Committee presented its first annual award for the advancement of knowledge in the Science, Breeding, and Cultivation of alpine plants. This is called the Jim Archibald Award and was handed to Tim Lever at the Hyde Hall AGS Show last Saturday.

As can be seen from our committment to the ArchibaldArchive on srgc.net we're right behind this great new award from @RHSJointRock to commemorate Jim Archibald - many congrats to Tim Lever !

Tim Lever receives the Jim Archibald Award, from David Haselgrove

695997-1
Rachel Lever with Tim and JA Award at Hyde Hall, 23rd October 2021
Alpines / Re: RHS Joint Rock Committee on Twitter
« Last post by Maggi Young on October 25, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
The RHS Joint Rock Committee met at the recent AGS show, held at RHS Hyde Hall.

RHS Joint Rock Committee presented its first annual award for the advancement of knowledge in the Science, Breeding, and Cultivation of alpine plants. This is called the Jim Archibald Award and was handed to Tim Lever at the Hyde Hall AGS Show last Saturday.

As can be seen from our committment to the #ArchibaldArchive on http://srgc.net we're right behind this great new award from @RHSJointRock to commemorate Jim Archibald - many congrats to Tim Lever !

Also on Saturday, the rare Italian endemic Saxifraga berica, grown by Mark Childerhouse was awarded a Botanical Certificate by the Joint Rock Committee and a Certificate of Merit by the AGS.

https://twitter.com/ScottishRockGC/status/1452623369912963075

Tim Lever -  receiving the Jim Archibald Award from Joint Rock's  David Haselgrove.

695989-1
Rachel Lever with Tim and JA Award

The rare Italian endemic Saxifraga berica, grown by Mark Childerhouse was awarded a Botanical Certificate by the Joint Rock Committee and a Certificate of Merit by the AGS.

695993-3
Saxifraga berica, grown by Mark Childerhouse
General Forum / Re: A Japanese hepatica and variegated leaf plant nursery list 20212022
« Last post by YT on October 25, 2021, 01:54:48 PM »
Contact information page:

CHUETSU PLANTS
https://www.chuetsu-plants.com/otoiawase/
Bulbs General / Re: Scilla and relative 2021
« Last post by fermi de Sousa on October 25, 2021, 01:06:58 PM »
Scilla vicentina (syn Hyacinthoides mauritanica ssp. vincentina) from a couple of weeks ago,
cheers
fermi
General Forum / Re: wildlife
« Last post by Lesley Cox on October 25, 2021, 11:10:39 AM »
Your new bird Fermi. Is this name for real?
General Forum / Re: wildlife
« Last post by Lesley Cox on October 25, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »
I am delighted to see the shrew because though I've read about them, we don't have them in NZ so I've never seen one. As for the mossy rose gall, what a lovely thing. Actually I DO know those very well. They signify a bad hair day.  :D
Blogs and Diaries / Re: Robert's Crystal Range Project - Year 3, 2021
« Last post by Diane Whitehead on October 25, 2021, 06:15:06 AM »
If you find a new species, you might be able to name it.

If you find an unnamed mountain, may you name it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Next

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal