We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Chance to participate in a joint seed order to G. Summerfield in South Africa  (Read 397 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Colin Sykes is a member of the SRGC and also the Southern Africa Bulb Group .......he writes:

For the last two years I have organized a joint order on behalf of the SABG with Mr. Gordon Summerfield who has a small nursery near Cape Town in South Africa where he grows and sells S African indigenous Bulbs/Corms and seeds.

The joint order is based on the cost of each order sharing the cost of a Phytosanitary Certificate and carriage from S Africa to me here in UK the only other charge is £6.50 to cover onward postage by first class tracked postage from myself to each order address. As you can imagine the cost of a Phyto and carriage would really push the cost up (a Phyto alone costs £39.00) so doing it as a joint order really reduces the cost but of course this depends on the number of people who place orders. The SABG members are now starting to send in their orders and ordering will close on the 16th of December and the expected time for delivery is the second week in February 2024.

My Email for catalogue and T & C is colin@cjlas.plus.com

Your members can also see the catalogue on the SABG web site.

I do not run this joint order to make any money from it, but Gordon does give me a discount on my order for running this as due to the high cost of an individual order this is beneficial to him  as well.

I have visited Mr. Summerfield in S Africa on a couple of occasions in the past, he also has a very good relationship with the Botanic Gardens in S Africa. If you would like to check up on me I know you know Mr. Paul Cumbleton.

Kind Regards
  Colin Sykes   

A kind offer from Colin Sykes  to enable an  order from S. Africa  !
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal