We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cyclamen Bioag Ful-Power experiment  (Read 4034 times)

Guff

• USA New York
Re: Cyclamen Bioag Ful-Power experiment
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2023, 08:47:44 PM »
Still putting up flowers.

Winter 2024-25 project is to grow 100+ seeds collected from the Alba plants and grow under lights. Alba seedlings that flower white will be planted in a new bed far away from any pinks.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 08:56:18 PM by Guff »

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2023, 01:23:30 AM »
Making some progress, think it's going to be white

Seedling at the bottom of my Alba seed bed is a light pink. Must have crossed, because I only had 30 seeds that year, and couldn't have grabbed a seed pod from a pink plant.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2023, 02:34:23 AM »
Purpurascens

The fragrance is amazing.............

« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 02:40:44 AM by Guff »

kris

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2023, 03:16:50 PM »
That Cyclamen field is amazing.Thanks for showing it Lynn
Saskatoon,Canada
-35C to +30C

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2023, 07:35:33 PM »
Kris, thanks.

Well, it isn't white. Think the white tips is fading from the LED grow light. It is interesting that it has two stripes like Hederifolium. When I get a chance will take another picture with my camera, these were taken with phone.

Going to plant it outside next week or so, along with the Hederifolium seedlings. Another Purpurascens Alba seedling has buds forming. Hopefully when it's planted out the buds still bloom.

Will have to grow a lot of seedlings from the Purpurascens Alba plants and hope some white show up. Then plant far away.....

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2023, 01:31:54 AM »
Put them outside, will plant them in a week or so.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2023, 09:01:51 PM »
Another flower has opened, same plant as above post. It's very short so it's hard getting a picture. Will try again in a few days, when it's opened all the way. Hopefully, there is no darker nose, would be nice to have a light pink form. Seems the LED grow light does strange things to flowers.

kris

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2023, 09:57:33 PM »
Hi Lynn how do you feed the Cyclamen purpurascense out in the garden and how long
Saskatoon,Canada
-35C to +30C

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2023, 10:43:56 PM »
Kris, I use Miracle Gro all purpose for the flowering plants. One tablespoon x 2 gallons of water.

I usually feed them every couple of weeks from Spring (Late May , early June) until they stop flowering. When it's really hot and no rain and they are drooping, I will water the bed twice in a week. Once with ferts, then again with plain water. When I water the purpurascense bed, usually do 6 trips so, 12 gallons.

Purpurascense  Alba seedling bed is an experiment. It's being fertilized with Bat Guano, Roots HPK and Bioag Ful-Power. So far I'm very happy with the progress. Will make an update video end of October.

Purpurascense  Alba seedling bed

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2023, 03:05:37 AM »
Has two marks, no dark nose. This has to be a cross of the Alba and pink. Wondering growing out seedlings from this plant the two marks would disappear? Last picture,  lighten the image to be able to see the nose better.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 03:19:54 AM by Guff »

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2023, 06:56:23 PM »
Purpurascens Alba seedling bed.
Will make another video in a month to see the differences from now. Next week will be the last feeding with all three ferts, then switching to just the Roots HPK.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2023, 04:52:34 AM »
Dug up 20 seedling from my Purpurascens Alba seedling bed on Novemebr 19. Hopefully some are white flowering plants.

November 19, 2023

December 19, 2023

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2024, 06:27:09 PM »
Probably going to dig up more seedlings come Spring, grow a couple more tubs under the LED's until they are flowering.  Would make faster progress in finding white flowering plants.

Bare spot is just starting to put up new growth.

Most of all the plants have buds forming.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2024, 06:02:30 PM »
Not white, but it's a beauty. Hopefully the plant on the right is white. time will tell..........

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2024, 10:30:18 PM »
No Alba flowers yet. Flower on the left is a nice pink shade, has two marks and no dark nose. Any like this will be planted in a bed together and hand pollinate with Alba pollen. Not sure if they will put up new flower come Summer, might have to wait another year to pollinate.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal