We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Czech conference-who's going?  (Read 638 times)

Jan Jeddeloh

Czech conference-who's going?
« on: April 22, 2023, 03:50:17 AM »
Pretty much like the title says.  Who all is going to this event?  I'll be flying in from Portland,Oregon USA arriving May 3.  I'll be traveling with Dave Dobak from my local NARGS chapter.  Also coming from our chapter is Christine Ebrahimi and her husband Yagoub.  Claire Cockcroft from Seattle will also be coming and after the conference she, Dave and I will be flying to Edinburgh and working our way south visiting gardens.  Dave is the brave soul who has volunteered to drive on the "wrong" side of the road. 

I'm getting excited about the conference and looking forward to putting some names to faces. So post if you're coming.

Jan Jeddeloh
Jan Jeddeloh, Portland, Oregon, USA zone 8

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
Re: Czech conference-who's going?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 11:26:35 AM »
Hi Jan,
I'll be there!
Leaving Australia on May 2 and arriving in Prague just before midnight on the 3rd!
Heading to berlin afterwards with Susan and her husband,
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Leucogenes

• ...keep on rockin in the free world
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 09:36:27 AM »
Hi Jan

As I haven't found an official list of participants yet I am very grateful to you for opening this topic...a great idea.

I will come as well... along with five other rock gardeners from my circle of friends. However, we don't have as far to go as you or Fermi. It's about a two-hour drive by car to the conference. 😉

I hope that more members of the forum will "reveal" themselves here.

See you soon
Thomas

Jan Jeddeloh

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 09:44:57 PM »
I will envy your short drive after spending fourteen or so hours traveling.  Fermi may have me beat however.  I'm not sure how long it takes to get from where he is in Australia to Prague.  I'm guessing he'll be suffering longer traveling than I will be. 

I will also be leaving on the 2nd and arriving on the 3rd..  I always like to add a day or so of "padding" to the schedule in case something goes really wrong with the flights. We'll be visiting at least one of Prague's botanic gardens on the 4th. 

Jan
Jan Jeddeloh, Portland, Oregon, USA zone 8

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 10:08:50 PM »
You lucky, lucky people! You'll have a wonderful time and Ian and I will be thinking enviously of you all!!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Susan

• Shoe Pixie
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 09:43:11 PM »
I'll be there. There are about 5 from New Zealand  going.   Not looking forward to the flights, one of which is 17 hours long!  I envy a 2 hour drive.  So excited to get back into the world having been  heavily locked down at times over the last  3 years.
Dunedin, New Zealand

Julia

• Journal Access Group
  • Past SRGC President
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2023, 05:24:54 PM »
Yes very much looking forward to catching up with so many friends and making new friends.
I was lucky enough to go to the 1st and 3rd Czech conf. So much fun. But going to miss Ian and Matt as they aren’t coming this time :-\
Julia Corden
Head Gardener Goodwood Estate

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal