We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Quality 7cm and 9 cm plastic pots  (Read 282 times)

Bart

Quality 7cm and 9 cm plastic pots
« on: March 12, 2023, 12:17:50 PM »
Hi,
Every year I run into trouble with the quantity of pots I have lying around to accommodate all the seedlings and potted-on plants.
A few years ago I bought standard square black pots, I think on ebay, around the £10,- mark for 100pcs. They have proven to be bad quality and many have split. All the other really random, old, recycled ones are indestructible and I use them year  on year. But I haven't got enough, and it's not so convenient to have so many different shapes and sizes. So I'd like to buy some.

Can anyone recommend a retailer for decent quality pots of this size  (7cm & 9cm, square preferred) that last more than 2 seasons and are affordable?
Thank you!

Graeme

Re: Quality 7cm and 9 cm plastic pots
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 03:33:08 PM »
Bart

1st choice would be Teku pots - the biggest problem is finding somewhere that sells them in less that a box full - and the prices for a box are now astronomical

Your other problem is as the pots go more ecco the more useless they are

I have some BEF pots I have had for about 40 years that get used every year (they were second hand even then) - can't see anything made now getting anywhere near that by a long way

I also have a load of 7x7x8's that I bought when the nursery in Belper closed down - they are really good quality Thordeson? pots - there are even some squat ones Bob used for Saxifrages
"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal