Cultivation > Cultivation Problems

Fox problem

<< < (2/2)

partisangardener:
The hotter the better, but watch out some preparations include salt, this would be harmful to plant life. With chilli I had never an issue, only human victims with their weak sense of smell will really come too near.
But if the fox is stupid enough to come to close out of habit without using his nose, the plant will bite... A lesson to be remembered.
I repeat always this heat is only illusion, when I fall victim to the chilli powder. It helps.... with me.
Last time I even got it in the eyes. I use it for the safety of my car and wasn't aware of the wind. When I park over night at another place, I throw a spoon full under my car. In my country martens bite in to rubber and wire coating, if they suspect a rival was intruding their territory. Cars are marked here..
My mantra helped, maybe I am trained now.

The best thing is chilli is easy obtained and useful in many respects.

MarcR:

--- Quote from: Redmires on May 10, 2023, 09:58:01 PM ---

......MarcR - do you have personal experience of using lion dung? I've seen it touted as a cat deterrent, but scent-based deterrents get a bad press - I'm not sure whether this is because they're inherently not very effective (this fox certainly hasn't read that s/he's not supposed to like garlicky smells, because it dug up my pink chives) or because they don't persist long enough to be practical. My front garden is so small that re-applying every couple of weeks would actually be doable, but sourcing fresh dung every time would not... .....

--- End quote ---

Redmires,

I do have experience with Lion dung.  It successfully deters stray dogs, deer, Raccoons, and other pests.  I have only used it to protect a small area of my property; and I have no experience with Foxes.  I figure that since it deters stray dogs, it should work with foxes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version