We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC seed exchange in 2022/2023  (Read 7055 times)

Vinny 123

Re: exchange in 2022/2023
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 09:44:57 PM »
If imports into D from outside of the EU/UK are discovered, there is an additional charge for import inspection...............

At least we do not have that for the UK.

Until at least 31st December 2022, there is no problem receiving seeds from any EU country, in the UK.

Mariette

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022, 09:32:48 PM »
Good news today: my letter arrived after just 3 days of travelling! Many thanks to Ian and Carole Bainbridge coping with such an amount of work!

Eric44

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2022, 06:32:09 PM »
Do donations from EU require a declaration for the customs? (Déclaration en Douane)
OUI, mettre échantillons, origine graines jardin valeur 0

wooden shoe

Re: SRGC seed exchange in 2022/2023
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2022, 08:53:24 PM »
I read from the Seed Exchange - Seed Ordening page this:
Members with ..seed delivery addresses in the EU and Northern Ireland.. may make Main orders ONLY, but NOT any Surplus orders.
So still no surplus orders for anyone outside GB? I had read before that ordering for the EU was as usual, but I am afraid that is still not the case..
Rob - central Nederland Zone 7b

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2022, 10:30:14 PM »
Hello Rob,

Our instructions on the website are clear - I hope.

Yes, we allow Surplus orders for countries which do NOT require phyto certificates. All the EU countries plus Australia and Japan require phytos, so NO Surplus orders.  Members in other countries in the world CAN order Surplus seed, because NO phyto certificates are required by their countries for incoming seed.

Currently one phyto certificate for one order costs a large amount of money, and we think that you will not be prepared to pay this amount.  Many members wish to order large numbers of packets of surplus seed.  The administration, and the cost involved in obtaining many separate phyto certificates mean that, sadly, we cannot arrange this.

I hope this explains our problems.

Richard, (SRGC Seed Team)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 10:57:28 AM by Richard Green »
Richard Green - Balfron Station, West Central Scotland

Catwheazle

• USDA zone 6a
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2022, 07:49:08 AM »
Is the seedlist 22/23 online?
Where can i find it?
Greetings Bernd
Si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil» Cicero, Ad Familiares IX,4

wooden shoe

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2022, 08:08:16 AM »
Yes indeed Richard, the instructions stand there clear, I must have missed it, probably wishful thinking...
Well I will enjoy the main seeds. Thank you and the team for taking up the hassle of the phyto-certificates for at least the main orders.
It is a pity that it takes ages, if ever, to get a border agreement between EU and UK.
Rob - central Nederland Zone 7b

Carolyn

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2022, 09:08:23 AM »
Is the seedlist 22/23 online?
Where can i find it?
Greetings Bernd

You will need to log in to the website as a member, then click on seed exchange along the top menu bar. As a member, you will see seedlist on the drop down menu. This will allow you to look at the list just now, before ordering opens later this week.
Enjoy!
Carolyn McHale
Gardening in Kirkcudbright

Catwheazle

• USDA zone 6a
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2022, 03:07:04 PM »
Thanks! Found it :-)

Bernd
Si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil» Cicero, Ad Familiares IX,4

ian mcdonald

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2022, 01:21:32 PM »
I too have just tried to look at the seed list on line (not yet received the postal version). When I tried to log in I got the message email address wrong. I changed my email address some time ago and informed the srgc. I have now sent an email to the subscriptions secretary to update email address.

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2022, 02:36:44 PM »
Ian, PM me directly with your correct email address and I will fix your membership record.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2022, 04:14:50 PM »
SRGC Seed Distribution online ordering for members opens from one minute after midnight on Thursday morning GMT 1st December  2022.

All details  https://www.srgc.net/welcome_seed_exchange.asp

1 The  SRGC Seed List is available online NOW for downloading and browsing in both Excel and pdf format.
Seed list for the current year
To see the current year's seed list you must be a paid up member, and log in to  https://www.srgc.net/welcome_seed_exchange.asp
You will then find it under Seed Exchange | Seed List on the menu at the top of this page.

2 Donors do NOT have to rush submitting their orders because they get first pick (before non-donors) and in an order which is predetermined by their number and quality of seed donations.

3 Non-Donors orders are dealt with in order of receipt.  Adjustments will be made to the dates of receipt so that those ordering on paper are NOT disadvantaged by any late arrival of seed lists – by postal strikes or other reasons.

Paper lists should arrive in a week or so  - when these lists will start dropping on doormats is an open question given postal strikes.

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Véronique Macrelle

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2022, 05:51:46 AM »
it's beautiful, all those seed packets! it's exciting to project yourself with the chosen seeds... :P
the list is very pleasant to study, for me a bit like a list to Father Christmas!

it's frustrating that we can't order the surplus seeds; there are more than 25 species that interest us and it's hard to choose, but that's how it is.

I will also have to compile the difficult species with things that are easier to germinate,  :oto avoid discouraging myself.

In any case, many thanks to you for this well organised exchange  :D

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2022, 11:18:23 AM »
it's beautiful, all those seed packets!  ...

Yes, what a wonderful sight 8)
Well done to all who make the exchange possible, and thanks too for facilitating EU members.
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2022, 11:49:28 AM »
Sorry, the main SRGC website at srgc.net is temporarily "down" this morning and not available for anything including seed ordering.  Our webhosting people tell us that this is a temporary problem at the data centre, and it should not be long before it is back up and running.  This Forum is still OK as it runs on srgc.org.uk.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal